Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Suit Separation.

I used to only wear this blazer to job interviews. In my mind, it could only be worn with the matching pants.

After it hung unworn in my closet a couple years, I got inspiration (from none other than a J.Crew catalog) to pull it out & wear it, sans the matching suit pants.
This jacket quickly became my favorite to throw on, especially with denim/skinny leg pants & infinity scarves.








Outfit
Blazer: Banana Republic • Turtleneck: J.Crew • Pants: Ann Taylor Loft • Boots: Diesel • Scarf: Portolano • Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples • Bracelets: Tiffany & Co., Claires, Gifts

Hair
Twist out? photos taken before the cut

Nails
Ulta, Little Black Dress

Do wear your suit pieces separate?

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

At January 25, 2012 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Jhan said...

Are your pants jeggings, or stretchy pants? They look so comfy.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Jhan: They're stretchy pants (ponte cotton) & yep...they're super comfy:) I wish I'd bought a duplicate pair.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 4:12 PM , Blogger My Documented Closet said...

Marie! I Looooooove your hair! This look is so chic and easy. Nice...

 
At January 25, 2012 at 4:15 PM , Blogger My Documented Closet said...

Oh, one more thing, that blazer would look awesome with a denim shirt underneath or with a pair or colored slacks/jeans... I think you should wear it more :)

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:18 PM , Blogger Dee O. said...

You look amazing & genuinely happy :) I love these photos!

(and your hair!!! GORGEOUS!)

That GOOD GOOD Blog

 
At January 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM , Blogger Jacquai said...

I have never thought about taking the jacket from a suit and wearing it alone. Great idea!

 
At January 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

MDC: That's a good suggestion...I can definitely see it all together, thanks:)

Thanks Dee:)

Thanks Jacquai:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home