Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hair: Update Jan2012.

It's been awhile since I last talked hair...I think I've become bored with mine.

I know I've become lazy.

4 years ago, I was obsessed with healthy hair: stretching relaxers, roller setting & growing it down my back. I was super gentle & very precautious, regimen strict, and I documented everything. Majority time spent online involved hair in some way: forums, Fotki-stalking, blogs, Youtube...

What happened?! LOL

Somewhere along the way, I think the first year after my big chop, hair seemingly became "no big deal".

I miss that excitement though.

It's so funny...not too long ago, I really wanted BIG hair.
Now that I'm upon it, all I can think about is getting a hair cut: something short, tapered...edgy.

But
, my goal was to have it long again, to toss around & have the option of wearing it in a gigantic bun...alas, my patience/interest/enthusiasm in getting there seems more & more lacking.

What to do...what to do...

What's happening with your hair?
New do' for the new year?

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 5, 2012 at 3:08 PM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

I'm really pleased with my hair lately. I suddenly want it out more, which doesn't really jive with how cold it is. For now, I'll have to stick to twists under beanies the majority of time. I LOVE looking at pictures of hair though, I do it for hours lol

 
At January 5, 2012 at 10:28 PM , Blogger e said...

I get the do something to my hair itch from time to time. I used to color whenever I had the desire to change. But lately I've wanting to do an interesting abstract asymmetric cut. But overall I'm really happy with my hair. It seems to be flourishing.

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:23 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Cool LaNeshe!

e: Color sounds fun! I want that same cut. LOL

 
At January 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM , Blogger Lilia said...

I'm just keeping mine in a twist updo for a week at a time, re-moisturize and do it all over again! www.lilia-lifeinoh.blogspot.com

 
At January 6, 2012 at 2:09 PM , Blogger My Documented Closet said...

Oh Marie... you sound like me! I grew mine out shoulder length - only to chop it off on a whim last summer. I still love my short funky style but I'm constantly searching for new things to do (since my options are limited) I was a "wave-head" at one point and that totally damaged my hair to the point where I had to start over. I've been playing around with clip in extensions, just for fun because I'm right at the point where I need to go get it cut or go through the dreaded "in between phase" They're easy and require no commitment... It's fun.

 
At January 9, 2012 at 8:53 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Cool beans Lilia!

MDC: "wave-head" LOL I love your cropped do!

 
At January 14, 2012 at 6:16 AM , Blogger coconutandcream said...

I'm exactly the same! My hair is just that nowadays, hair! I truly admire those with natural hair blogs because I get bored so easily with my hair.

*goes off to do a post about how boring my hair is*

 
At January 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM , Blogger Pashley Queen said...

Ooh, I love your blog and hate my hair too at the moment - Bleached it ALL over - bright red, then brown, then blonde and now er, big hair not so much. Mainly because of the massive amount of breakage in the middle funnily enough at the point the colour starts! That said i wash n twist out once a week and then i either retro twist with a scarf or rock a side on 1940's style french twist. http://pashleyqueen.blogspot.com/

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home