Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hair: Chop. Chop. Chop!









This was right after I cut off my twists.

I tried to do a tapered cut, and left almost all the length on top. If I'm growing any hair right now, it'll be longer bangs.

Using my trusty hair scissors, I pulled the side twists taut & whatever hung below the bottom of my ear, I snipped. The nape twists I cut at my nape...back twists were pulled taut, also to my nape line & snipped.
Overall, it was about 2-3 inches of hair that I don't miss...honestly, I could go a little shorter.

These gradual cuts are good for me, as I can get more experience cutting my own hair & I can see how I feel after each cut; versus cutting it all off in one fell swoop & potentially feeling regret afterwards.
My goal is to have a nice, short tapered/shaped cut that doesn't take a lot of my time to wash/style.

What was left on my head, I loosened & fluffed.
Before the cut, I couldn't wait to just wash & go...after, I decided to just wear the twist out for a couple days.

LOVE!

be back with Day 2 Photos...

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At January 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM , Blogger Miche'al said...

It looks really good!!! I am always caught up in length, but it is nly hair and you make me want to run and get my scissors.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 11:46 AM , Blogger Jacquai said...

I LOVE it!

 
At January 21, 2012 at 3:59 PM , Blogger Rimi said...

omg i LOVE it!

 
At January 21, 2012 at 6:43 PM , Blogger Jamie said...

I love your new hair cut. Change is good. Its so funky and cute!!!

 
At January 21, 2012 at 11:16 PM , Blogger Ashlei M. said...

Too cute! I've been really into the tapered fro look lately and thinking of getting mine cut that way to celebrate 1 year being natural, we'll see though...I'm loving this look on you though :)

xx
Ashlei

kinksarethenewpink.blogspot.com

 
At January 22, 2012 at 2:27 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

i really, really like it!!

 
At January 22, 2012 at 12:35 PM , Blogger Pashley Queen said...

I so love it! Are you tempted to add some colour....

 
At January 22, 2012 at 3:46 PM , Blogger Monique said...

Your hair looks amazing! My goodness you did such a great job. If I ever cut my licks I will totally go for this look! So cute on you, you seriously look stunning. I love it! So many people go crazy for length and don't like even trimming their ends way to go for being brave and going with what you like. Your curls look fab!

 
At January 22, 2012 at 3:47 PM , Blogger Monique said...

* locks not licks damn iphone

 
At January 22, 2012 at 5:40 PM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

Very cute!

 
At January 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM , Blogger MINASEK said...

IT'S not fair you are always looking good no matter what; Love Love the fact that you don't put make up for your pictures; I just realised that you have beautiful eyes colours; God Bless

 
At January 23, 2012 at 3:14 AM , Blogger Fash Boulevard said...

adore it. great post, love. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. I've got a brand new outfit post and a fabulous giveaway. I'd love to hear your thoughts. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

 
At January 23, 2012 at 9:57 AM , Blogger Neeta said...

I'm loving this look on you!! Great job!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 1:37 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks everyone!
Pashley: Not really:)

 
At January 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

You look great! That chop suits you well and you are glowing too hehe.

Xoxo,
Daisy

 
At January 25, 2012 at 11:15 PM , Blogger MrsCiti said...

Cute haircut!

 
At January 30, 2012 at 10:04 AM , Blogger Monique said...

Hey Marie - IDK why I'm just now following you, but consider yourself FOLLOWED! So,
1. I LOVE your hair cut, it's so cute, and I'm happy I can now get some inspiration for new [short natural] looks
2. Your food looks AH-MAAAAZING
3. Love your style too - you're so cute!

Peace
Monique
sofullsista.blogspot.com

 
At February 1, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger victory said...

Nice cut!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home