Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gray & Cognac Quack.

All I needed was a hint of "precip" (so funny when meteorologists say this) to bust out my new duck boots.

I'd been wanting a pair ever since J.Crew sold out of the super cute shearling lined, gray & brown ones a few years back.

Rarely do I feel like I missed out on buying something (clothes/shoes), but dangit!...I missed out on those beauties!

Low & behold...their distant cousin, Bass, called out to me from the clearance aisle of DSW. Super comfortable & in my size! For 47 bucks, I couldn't just leave them there. They have a thin flannel lining...not as warm as my Sorels, but way, way lighter on my feet. I can easily put on a wooly pair of socks/leg warmers for added warmth. I absolutely LOVE these boots!

When it started to snow, I pulled them on & tried winterizing another summer dress...









The dress is J.Crew, but you know I picked it up at the thrift store. Ha!
Score for about 2 bucks!

To be so thin, the jersey fabric surprisingly has this weight to it.

The dress comes to my knees naturally, so I belted it & pulled out a little of the material. It draped over my belt easily.

Since it's a sleeveless summer dress, I put a warm turtleneck underneath, and on top of that, I added a 3/4 sleeve tie-neck blouse...which is also like this thin cotton, jersey-like fabric.
Threw on a pair of sweater tights & my new duck boots, and I was all set to run some errands.

Outfit
Turtleneck: Banana Republic • Blouse: Martin & Osa • Dress: J.Crew a la Salvation Army • Legwear: Hue • Boots: Bass • Jacket: Forever 21 • Scarf & Mittens: Portolano • Bag: Coach • Bracelets: Tiffany & Co., Claires

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At January 19, 2012 at 10:16 AM , Blogger JIN @ Love,Loss + Lacquer said...

You make these look so cute :)

 
At January 19, 2012 at 2:17 PM , Blogger Jacquai said...

Cute gloves!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Antonella C'est moi said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG.I INVITE YOU TO VISIT MY BLOG AND IF YOU LIKE IT TO FOLLOW ME ON GOOGLE FRIENDS AND I WILL BE HAPPY TO FOLLOW U BACK!!
XOXO
A_C'EST MOI
LAMODEOUICESTMOI.BLOGSPOT.COM

 
At January 19, 2012 at 6:49 PM , Blogger Ashlei M. said...

Love the boots! I remember Tommy Hilfiger had heeled duck boots that I was obsessed with for awhile, haha...but those look great with your outfit :) Also it's my first time to your blog and I love it, can't wait to see more...

xx
Ashlei

http://kinksarethenewpink.blogspot.com

 
At January 19, 2012 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Shen Dove said...

I really like how you styled your boots. I never realized how good gray, cognac and brown look together!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 10:27 PM , Anonymous marcy said...

I want your boots...lololol! I live in the Northeast region. Are your boots durable for snow or just rain?

 
At January 20, 2012 at 1:41 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

i love duck boots! i mean, REALLY love duck boots. you look so cute!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Tori said...

Love the color combo! I like how there are splashes of color throughout your outfit! And you look so cozy!!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 12:58 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks all:)

Marcy: I've only worn them a couple times, in measurable snow...so far, they're holding up pretty well. My feet remained dry & cozy.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

I love the look! You make those boots look cute!

 
At January 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Neeta:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home