Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Fluevogs.

Dear John Fluevog,
You know how to craft a delicious shoe! I will definitely be looking out for more styles from your collections.
-MerelyMarie
I'm in L-O-V-E! I spotted these shoes online, and thought they looked absolutely perfect. The clean lines, the leather...the little block heel...the simplicity...they felt seriously vintage, yet classic at the same time.

The only minus was eyeing the pointed-toes. They'd surely hurt my feet, no?



I ordered them anyway, pulled them out the box when then arrived, and onto my feet. It felt like sticking my feet in a HUGE tub of spreadable butter.

Seriously.

The leather is the softest I've ever felt on a shoe, the pointed toe box didn't pinch or cinch my toes, the rubber soles...awesome traction, and The Cushioned Leather Foot Bed...I could cry.

I didn't cry, but I also didn't want to take them off, so I didn't for long while.

Only minus then was Husband telling me they looked like "boy shoes". To that, I made an ugly face & rebutted in the most grown-up manner "They do NOT!".

No, I get that they kinda look "mannish"; but isn't that the deal with oxford shoes usually?

They also make my feet look big, but I don't care. I've been looking for a nice dress shoe that doesn't expose (& hurt) my feet for a long time. I'm looking forward to wearing these oxfords everywhere!

Working them in my wardrobe is going to prove rather difficult though. I have this strong desire to roll up the bottom of my pants, but the look doesn't really flatter my stature (not to mention, it's the beginning of winter)...

You can pick up a pair of these shoes here!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At January 3, 2012 at 3:12 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

You chose the perfect adjective to describe these beauties!

They are quite fancy and delicious! I love your style :)

Xoxo,
Daisy

 
At January 3, 2012 at 6:48 PM , Blogger Chandra said...

Sweet! It took me awhile to get use to wearing pointy toes, but I love them!

 
At January 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

I think these are the perfect "winter" shoes. Instead of wearing booties or boots these would be so cute with a pair of slacks or even a skirt with tights! I love them!!!!

 
At January 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM , Blogger Monique said...

looking forward to seeing how you style these!

 
At January 6, 2012 at 9:16 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Daisy!

Chandra: Pointy toes are tricky for me, as much as I love the looks of them. They gotta be comfy!

Neeta: Thanks, you're right. They do look good under pants & lovely with tights. I guess I'm just super anxious & excited to try the "oxford shoe" look of exposed ankles. LOL

Monique: Cool, I got one coming;)

 
At January 8, 2012 at 9:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! These are so pretty, where did you find them?

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home