Sunday, December 11, 2011

Leopard.

I decided on leopard over snake skin for the first-ever animal print to enter my wardrobe.

The snake skins were lovely, but just felt cold...blooded. Ha! I'm not that advanced yet.






Having a history of being afraid to wear anything bold (patterns, bright colors, etc.), I heard the easiest way to ease into it is with shoes & accessories.

Neeta, Thank You!



Since I'm trying to build my wardrobe in a more classic & "sophisticated-sexy" direction, leopard print pumps seemed like an excellent addition.

These shoes are calf hair. To have a pointed toe, they are surprisingly comfortable. They also have a lightly padded footbed; and I just love the little cone-shaped heel; super "walkable" for me! The fact that they came with extra heel caps (is that what they're called?), was the icing on the cake.

With good care, I think they could last several years.

I usually spray new leather shoes with leather protectant, but I have no idea how to protect & keep calf hair shoes clean.

Any ideas?

Yay for my toe-cleavage!!!

P.S.
You can pick up a pair...of these shoes, here!

Labels:

13 Comments:

At December 12, 2011 at 1:53 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

how adorable!!! i'm slightly obsessed with ponyhair...and that heel is soooo cool!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 9:12 AM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

Those are so cute!!! The heel isn't too high, and I love that they give extra heel caps. I have a habit of being hard on the heels of my shoes lol

 
At December 12, 2011 at 10:54 AM , Blogger just tututiny said...

Can these shoes get any better! I love them!

I am back from hibernation and have a giveaway, hope you will come check it out ;)

 
At December 12, 2011 at 11:00 AM , OpenID aforadrienne.com said...

Those shoes are a great addition to any wardrobe and will go with just about anything, especially if you're into mixing patterns.

Great blog, btw!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

Marie!!!! I love them!!! You made a great choice!!!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Mama Violet said...

Those are gorgeous. They look comfy too!

 
At December 12, 2011 at 8:18 PM , Blogger Monique said...

those shoes are so cute, can't wait to see how you style them.

 
At December 13, 2011 at 12:11 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks everyone:)

 
At December 13, 2011 at 6:23 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

These heels are sexy!

xoxo,
daisy

 
At December 14, 2011 at 11:03 AM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Yes! I love these! And sorry but I have no idea how to care for calf hair. Maybe deep condition once a week?! LOL

 
At December 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Sunshine, your suggestion made me laugh! Funny & clever:)

 
At December 15, 2011 at 1:12 PM , Blogger signature mix said...

Those are gorgeous. What a perfect choice for your first pair of animal print.

 
At December 20, 2011 at 1:39 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Signature mix!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home