Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cuff, Cinch & Collars Up.

This is how I wore my "new" jacket many days this fall. I absolutely LOVE this jacket! It makes me want to buy some floral printed dresses, to pair it with. Funny; because I'm starting to really like prints/patterns on clothing.

Here, I have a couple of safety pins securing it in place, but I want to sew on a second set of buttons for a more permanent & asymmetrical solution. I'm super happy about finding a very good button match in the box; it seems keeping that thing has finally proven useful.








I have the hardest time finding boots where my entire hand doesn't fit between my leg & the leather, so I love wearing thick knee socks or leg warmers to seal the gap.

Outfit
Jacket: Land's End • Shirt: J.Crew • Sweater: J.Crew • Denim: Hudson • Knee Socks: ? • Boots: Nicole • Belt: Urban Outfitters • Bracelets: Gifts from Husband & Sister

Hair:
Twist Out

Nails:
Ulta, Little Black Dress


P.S.
If it's not already obvious, I have an ongoing obsession with alliterations. I can't help myself.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At December 7, 2011 at 6:31 PM , Blogger Sunshine said...

Marie, you already know I love your style!! This is no exception and I am really loving your nail polish. I love dark colors but have been afraid to go for black. I am currently wearing a really dark purple, and that is as far as I allow myself to go, but you are inspiring me. I may try black, and when I do I will let you know!!

 
At December 7, 2011 at 6:50 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

I love your style girl!

That belt is so cute with those boots and the shades add a spiciness to this outfit.

Loving it all :)

xoxo,
daisy

 
At December 7, 2011 at 9:14 PM , Blogger Monique said...

I love that cute skinny belt paired against that black jacket!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 1:41 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

i'm liking that belt and those boots and socks!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 7:08 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

Picture perfect, my friend! I have issues with my boots too and thick socks or legwarmers always do the trick.

 
At December 8, 2011 at 7:59 AM , Blogger Faith said...

loving your outfit! you have great style!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 9:58 AM , Blogger signature mix said...

I love the way you belted that cute jacket and what a great collared shirt! I have the opposite problem with boots. My calves are huge from years of dance classes so boots are always hard to pull on.

 
At December 8, 2011 at 10:00 AM , Blogger theJARbaby said...

Once again, my friend, I love the look!

 
At December 8, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger Shelly said...

love the outfit, but also the hair...what did you do or use???

 
At December 8, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks all!

Sunshine, I've seen your nails in your latest video. That purple looks gorgeous!

Shelly: Thanks! After washing my hair, I used Giovanni Direct Leave-In and twisted small to medium-sized sections of my hair. I unraveled the twists & picked out my roots with my hair pick.

 
At December 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM , Blogger Clara Turbay said...

Great ideas and good taste.

http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

 
At December 11, 2011 at 1:28 PM , Blogger GIAA said...

simple and cool!

http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.com

 
At December 12, 2011 at 7:23 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

I love everything about this look!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home