Saturday, December 24, 2011

40 by 40.

I saw this awhile back on Glamazini, and thought it cool!

40 by 40 is essentially a list of things you want to have done by age 40.

I LOVE lists, especially "to do" type lists; much thanks to my mom! She would always write notes on pieces of paper when I was growing up & she still does; "To Do lists", "I Love You's", her name...

I always think of her when I find myself surrounded by cut-in-fourths pieces of 8.5 x 11, and sticky notes; each scribbled on by pen, sharpies, or color pencils. If only my penmanship was as good as hers....I've been told many times that I have a "doctors signature".
Does anyone even write in cursive anymore?
I digress.



This list started to be 5 by 40, as I had no clue what more I wanted to do. A few days later, I finished it and realized how I very much live in the present. Hmmm...maybe maintaining this list, here, will help me actively focus more on the "long-term".

40 is currently about 10 years away for me.
Here I go (in no particular order)...
  1.  Revisit Oneloa Beach & Dip my Entire Body in the Ocean 
  2.  Visit Paris 
  3.  Publish an Erotic short Story, or Two 
  4.  Kiss Husband in the Rain 
  5.  Own a Home 
  6.  Learn another Language (Russian, German, Japanese, or French) 
  7.  Attend a Hair Event 
  8.  Attend a Blogger Event 
  9.  Earn a Decent Income from Blogging 
  10.  Wear Lipstick 
  11.  Have a Picnic 
  12.  Find a Comfortable, Stylish Pair of (3+ in.) Heels 
  13.  Stop Beating Myself up for Not having the Inherent Desire to Procreate 
  14.  Build an Awesome-looking Snowman 
  15.  Write & Design a Recipe E-book 
  16.  Fire a Gun 
  17.  Take a Stroll on a beautiful Night 
  18.  Taste a Truffle 
  19.  Go on a Girls-getaway or Stay-cation with All my Sisters 
  20.  Find a consistently Good Cup of Coffee/Coffeehouse in Chicago 
  21.  Prepare an Elegant, Extraordinary Several-course Meal for a Private, Candle-lit Dinner Party 
  22.  Self Host this Blog 
  23.  Do Something Different with My Hair 
  24.  Have a BIG blog Giveaway 
  25.  Attend a Fashion Show by a favorite Retailer/Designer 
  26.  Get & maintain a regular Routine of Exercise that Fits Me & my Lifestyle 
  27.  Read The Great Gatsby 
  28.  Spot Husband's first Gray Hair & Acknowledge it's Existence to his Face 
  29.  Do something Spontaneous 
  30.  Make a Vlog 
  31.  Dance Seductively in the most Beautiful Lingerie to an awesome Song 
  32.  Help & See Husband move into Illustration work 
  33.  Grow my Company, so Husband & I can Share an Office (or have our own separate offices) & Never have to Work "Jobs" Again 
  34.  Go to a Concert 
  35.  Roast my own Coffee 
  36. Stargaze, sans telescope, some Place where the Stars Fill the the Night Sky
  37.  Burn all of my Journals from College & High School 
  38.  Fly a Kite 
  39.  Take a Scenic, Romantic, Overnight Train Ride with Husband 
  40.  Have a Beautiful work space to Design & Blog from 
What's on your list?

Labels:

13 Comments:

At December 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM , Blogger classic daisy said...

cool list Marie!

I should do the same :D

xoxo,
daisy

 
At December 24, 2011 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Carla said...

I agree with Daisy! I think I need to sit down and make a list like this. I haven't dont that in so long.

I would definitely purchase your cookbook.

Good Luck, Marie!

 
At December 24, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Oooh! Love the list. I've been thinking of doing a 30 by 30 or a 101 in 1001-type list for the longest. I started writing one up, but never completed it. I really like your list, Marie. It kind of motivates me to finish mine, and maybe adopt some of your aspirations.

The only thing I know to write in cursive is my signature. Haha. Everything else looks ridiculous. Cursive may very well be a thing of the past... I don't know though.

 
At December 24, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger e said...

I want to make a list too! 40 seems so far away but then again if you don't purpose to do something ...

 
At December 25, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Anonymous Candace said...

I'm curious about #37. Why do you want to burn all your journals from high school and college?

 
At December 25, 2011 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

P.S. For number 36, stargazing is great in the south. I'm visiting my beau's parents in south Georgia and the stars are super bright on a clear night. I love it!

 
At December 26, 2011 at 5:12 PM , Blogger Retromus-ik said...

LOL at #28:P

 
At December 26, 2011 at 7:04 PM , Anonymous jen said...

Love your list, esp. #9, #13, & 19! I need to make one too!

 
At December 27, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I love your list and share some of you're 40 but I don't think you should burn your journals. I know it's crazy to read about how you were back then but it's a part of you and how you became you. I think you should keep them.

 
At December 28, 2011 at 11:40 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Daisy!

Thanks Carla!

Jhan: Me too on the signature in cursive...but even that looks crazy! Thanks for the tip!

E: Go for it:)

Candace: I think of dying & leaving those things behind...morbid, I know. I would hate for people to read them.

Retromus-ik: I can't wait for the day! LOL

Jen: Thanks!

JT: Makes sense. I'm on the fence about it...

 
At December 30, 2011 at 3:24 PM , Blogger simplychic said...

fabulous!!! i'm doing a 30 by 30 list. maybe i'll be ballsy enough to share it on the blog one day...

 
At December 31, 2011 at 4:38 AM , Blogger Pretty Dark Girl Style said...

Love this, definitely doing this myself! Lovely blog u have, Ne Follower :)! Hapoy New Year!

 
At January 1, 2012 at 12:38 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

SimplyChic: Share it girly, share it;) LOL

PDGS: Thank you! Happy New Year:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home