40 by 40.
Glamazini, and thought it cool!
40 by 40 is essentially a list of things you want to have done by age 40.
I LOVE lists, especially "to do" type lists; much thanks to my mom! She would always write notes on pieces of paper when I was growing up & she still does; "To Do lists", "I Love You's", her name...
I always think of her when I find myself surrounded by cut-in-fourths pieces of 8.5 x 11, and sticky notes; each scribbled on by pen, sharpies, or color pencils. If only my penmanship was as good as hers....I've been told many times that I have a "doctors signature".
Does anyone even write in cursive anymore?
This list started to be 5 by 40, as I had no clue what more I wanted to do. A few days later, I finished it and realized how I very much live in the present. Hmmm...maybe maintaining this list, here, will help me actively focus more on the "long-term".
40 is currently about 10 years away for me.
Here I go (in no particular order)...
- Revisit Oneloa Beach & Dip my Entire Body in the Ocean
- Visit Paris
- Publish an Erotic short Story, or Two
- Kiss Husband in the Rain
- Own a Home
- Learn another Language (Russian, German, Japanese, or French)
- Attend a Hair Event
- Attend a Blogger Event
- Earn a Decent Income from Blogging
- Wear Lipstick
- Have a Picnic
- Find a Comfortable, Stylish Pair of (3+ in.) Heels
- Stop Beating Myself up for Not having the Inherent Desire to Procreate
- Build an Awesome-looking Snowman
- Write & Design a Recipe E-book
- Fire a Gun
- Take a Stroll on a beautiful Night
- Taste a Truffle
- Go on a Girls-getaway or Stay-cation with All my Sisters
- Find a consistently Good Cup of Coffee/Coffeehouse in Chicago
- Prepare an Elegant, Extraordinary Several-course Meal for a Private, Candle-lit Dinner Party
- Self Host this Blog
- Do Something Different with My Hair
- Have a BIG blog Giveaway
- Attend a Fashion Show by a favorite Retailer/Designer
- Get & maintain a regular Routine of Exercise that Fits Me & my Lifestyle
- Read The Great Gatsby
- Spot Husband's first Gray Hair & Acknowledge it's Existence to his Face
- Do something Spontaneous
- Make a Vlog
- Dance Seductively in the most Beautiful Lingerie to an awesome Song
- Help & See Husband move into Illustration work
- Grow my Company, so Husband & I can Share an Office (or have our own separate offices) & Never have to Work "Jobs" Again
- Go to a Concert
- Roast my own Coffee
- Stargaze, sans telescope, some Place where the Stars Fill the the Night Sky
- Burn all of my Journals from College & High School
- Fly a Kite
- Take a Scenic, Romantic, Overnight Train Ride with Husband
- Have a Beautiful work space to Design & Blog from