Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tiny Cabbages.

I tasted brussel sprouts for the very first time recently. In the grocery store, super tired of eating broccoli, the sprouts of brussel said, "Try me!".

I couldn't resist.
They looked so little & cute. How could they taste bad?

I purchased 6. Three for me & three for Husband; just in case I didn't like them.

I washed them, cut off a bit of the brown ends, split them down the middle, drizzled on extra virgin olive oil, seasoned with sea salt & fresh black pepper, and roasted them for about 25 minutes in a 400 degree oven.

They tasted like tiny roasted cabbages. Yay, I like brussel sprouts! I like them better than broccoli.
Is it weird that I prefer broccoli stems to the florets?


What vegetable have you never eaten?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 2, 2011 at 2:18 PM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

I've never tried them!

 
At November 2, 2011 at 4:18 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I love brocolli, but I understand why you like the stems better. They're crunchy if cooked just right. I've never tried brussel sprouts, or plummed tomatoes (although I'm sure they taste like regular tomatoes), artichoke (unless the spinach/artichoke dip from Friday's counts), or ... eggplant. haha.

 
At November 3, 2011 at 6:44 AM , Anonymous justme said...

i just tried brussel sprouts too. My 8yr old niece made me try them. The first thing I said was baby cabbages too, lol. I love broccoli too, you are weird to like the stems better, hahaha. I purposely buy the ones without the stems. I don't like it raw either. It tastes earthy. But cooked, I could eat it everyday.

I could have said I tried a lot of things until recently with trying out new recipes. I have never tried avocados though.

 
At November 3, 2011 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Monique said...

You have to try this brussel sprout recipe...sprouts are in season! I love them!

http://thepauperedchef.com/node/601

 
At November 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

No, I absolutely love the sprouts more than the florets haha :)

These Brussels sprouts look tasty, I've always wondered if they were good or not. I want to try to roast them like you soon!

xoxo,
daisy

 
At November 4, 2011 at 9:47 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Hey everyone!!! I enjoyed reading the veggies you've never tried.

Hi LaNeshe:)

Jhan: It's funny; I was just thinking about this when trying to decide between cherry & grape tomatoes. I'm convinced all red toms taste similar, no matter the size. I don't think I've ever had artichokes either.

Justme: LOL Coerced by a baby. Nice! You're like my sister; she prefers the broccoli florets too. I've also never tasted avocados. I'm tempted to taste guacamole though.

Monique: That recipe sounds delicious! Will put it in my queue. Thanks for sharing!

Daisy: You have to give them a try. They're not bad at all. I recently tried them roasted again, but with some orange chicken. The contrast in flavors was soooo tasty!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home