Saturday, October 15, 2011

The SoundTrack to Marie's Life: Part 1

I saw this post awhile back & was immediately inspired to do a blog post of me own!
Presenting...
The Soundtrack to My Life (thus far;)

Part 1: Childhood/Elementary School
Early music memories for me are a mix between:
• Paula Abdul
• Janet Jackson
• Madonna
Songs like Opposites Attract, Control, and Borderline were my favorites. I had the tapes (Forever Your Girl, Control, & Madonna& would listen to them over & over & over again.

I loved these ladies, but they all came after Whitney in my mind.

I loved Whitney Houston. To me, she was super pretty, very stylish, sang beautifully, and her music videos made me feel bursts of joy. They made me want to dance!



I Wanna Dance with Somebody, by Whitney Houston.






How Will I know, by Whitney Houston.



I'm Your Baby Tonight, by Whitney Houston.
LOVED her.


I have my parents to thank for Chicago, & Lionel!



Does Anybody Really Know What Time it Is, by Chicago



25 or 6 to 4, by Chicago
I remember belting these songs out with my mom & sisters, and dancing. Good times. I will always be a fan of Chicago! I played their greatest hits CD for Husband & now he's a fan too.



All Night Long, by Lionel Richie
I listened to this a zillion times growing up (along with Hello), but never saw the video until recently.
I SO wanna be in this video! It looks like so much fun.


Then there were songs like the following:
(They weren't so much my favorites (except the one by Ronnie Milsap), as much as they remind me of my childhood years.)




Poison, by Bell Biv DeVoe
...miss her...kiss her...love her...



I'm Dreamin', by Christopher Williams
I hear this song & I'm instantly transported back to being a kid...on the playground, at grammar school recess, walking with my friend's Walkman, headphones on, when it came on the radio.
Not sure how, but this song made me feel like the coolest 4th grader ever that day!



Since I Don't Have You, by Ronnie Milsap
My old "crush" song...Ha, ha!



My Lovin', by En Vogue
...Ooohhh...Bop!...
I remember running to the TV to catch this music video. The song was super popular.



Jump, by Kriss Kross
I thought they were the coolest boys ever.
P.S.
Did they start the "sagging pants" thing?



Swingin', by Mint Condition
Reminds me of hot summers, eight-graders who looked like adults, candy trucks, & melty soft Now & Laters.



Hey Mr. DJ, by Zhane
Single-handedly reminds me of seventh grade.

My teacher (who had a rep for being the most strict) demanded quiet, straight lines, completed homework, good behavior, and that we try & do our very best. I'm absolutely positive that all her classes (students) were the hardest working/best-behaved of the entire school.
Anyway, occasionally she'd turn on the radio to WGCI...I remember the music was for some kind of special occasion/class party. She'd let us bring puzzles, playing cards, & snacks. It was the one day the class got to breathe & relax a bit.
Hey Mr. DJ came on a lot.



Can We Talk, by Tevin Campbell
Another "crush" song.


Wow...this really, REALLY took some thought...& research. I'm sure there are a few other songs that I'm missing...

Anyway, be back soon with Part 2: Tunes from my Teens.



What are some songs that transport you back to being a child?
If you have a blog, take Vonnie up on her original invite, and share the SoundTrack to Your Life.
We're listening;)

Video Credits 0, 1, 2, 34, 4.5, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At October 16, 2011 at 11:06 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

beautiful blog!!!i'm following you!!!

 
At October 16, 2011 at 11:08 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

if you like mine, do the same!!

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:17 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

omg--I just love this post what a great idea--great songs too omg some classic favorites in here!

I'm inspired to do the same, your blog always has amazing content girl :D

xoxo,
daisy

 
At October 18, 2011 at 10:20 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thank you Sabrina:)

Daisy: I appreciate the compliment on the content...it's fun work for me! Thank you lots:D

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home