Monday, October 24, 2011

The SoundTrack to Marie's Life: Part 2

Okay, back with tunes from my teens! Check Part 1 here if you missed it; I had quite a few artists that reminded me of childhood, but there's only one group that takes me back to high school.

BEWARE,"explicitness" ahead!

...Now follow me now roll, stroll,...




Bone Thugs N Harmony.

Yes!!!

Why would they be on the soundtrack to my teenage life? Well...I was a major fan.
Okay, I was obsessed.

They were merely mystifying with their lyrics of "Thuggery", God, & Ouija boards. Just absolutely mystifying & I was just intrigued.

This is how much.
• I was pumped every time they said "East 1999"; as I took it as, "It's 1999", the year I'd graduate high school.
• Someone told me that "redrum" spelled murder backwards; and an excited look of revelation spread wide across my face. It had nothing to do with them harmonizing on & on about unlawful killing, but everything to do with them using a word in the form of a puzzle. You have no idea how many times I looked up words from their lyrics in the dictionary...of course, "redrum" was never there.
If you've been with me awhile, you may know that I grew up kinda sheltered & I LOVED school. These guys were like the total opposite of everything I knew, so to me, they were like the ultimate cool.



Thuggish Ruggish Bone
Ooh!!! I remember running to the TV every time to see this one! I was SO mad when I all I caught was Natasha singing..."...WISH IS IN THE HOOOUSE!!!...
:(


East 1999
I remember wanting to be from Cleveland.


Mo' Murda
Reminds me of running home from school with my older brother, because idiots were shooting down the street. This song is still awesome to me, but the memory that comes along with it...not.


Tha Crossroads
This video gave me chills, but I watched it every time it came on.
...& I'm gonna miss everybody...

My brother got the tape (East 1999 Eternal) from one of his friends, I think. I kept begging to borrow it & his Walkman so I could listen to it on the way to school...Thanks Bro!


I was unhappy when the group dispersed to make individual albums, but I did buy one Bone's CD.

Can you guess who's album it was?

Hint: He had the best hair styles, some of the best verses, & he was cute (prob. the cutest)Ha!




Be back with the finale of this post series: Part 3, Tunes from my College/Adult Life...
Hey!... if you missed Vonnie's original invite & you blog, join us & post The SoundTrack to Your Life.


Video Credits 1, 2, 3, 4

Labels:

5 Comments:

At October 25, 2011 at 9:13 AM , Blogger C.D. Perry said...

You bought wishbone's album, did you?

 
At October 27, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

omg, I muat've been about 7 or 8 when they hit the surface but my older cousins loved them some Bone Thugs and so did I by default.

Crossroads still brings me to tears till this day!

<33

amazing post once again Ms. Marie!

xoxo,
daisy

 
At October 27, 2011 at 11:48 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

C.D.: LOL No, it wasn't Wish. Thanks for guessing!

Hey Daisy:) Thanks!

 
At October 30, 2011 at 11:15 PM , Blogger ThePencil said...

Wow, this reminds me of Freshman year of high school heading out to a golf match (yes, golf!).

We would inevitably hear Thuggish Ruggish Bone on the radio and nod our heads while trying to sing along.

After all, nothing gets you pumped for some golf like Thuggish Ruggish Bone.

Thanks for the nostalgia Marie.

 
At October 31, 2011 at 11:54 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks for sharing your BTNH experience ThePencil:) Golf...Wow!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home