Thursday, October 6, 2011

Simplifying my Life Online.

I'm thinking of ditching Tumblr for Pinterest! It is an online board where you pin your photo inspirations & gorgeous images you find on the web; you can also draw inspiration from viewing boards created by others.
I recently received an invite & it's like a breath of fresh air in comparison to Tumblr. I've only been using both a short while, but the environment on Pinterest feels more "grown up", and it's so much easier to use/update!

If you'd like a Pinterest invite, please let me know.



Twitter...I'm not much of a "Tweeter". I always have too many words. A tweet for me turns into a blog post.
The usage of the pound sign has been explained to me, and I get it inside Twitter; but it's still eludes my understanding. I see it being used the same way on other platforms (Youtube, Facebook, & text messages). scratches head
I doubt anyone is solely following MM via Twitter, but I still feel obligated to tweet.

Facebook...I like having accounts for the blog, but not so much for me personally. I feel obligated to update my status, and I don't like the feeling. Family can reach me offline, & the 1 friend that found me has my email address.

The thought of having idle accounts bugs me, a lot, so (following my own advice) I'm thinking of getting rid of them. With the time saved worrying about updates & character limitations, I can focus more on blogging...my online heart!
Sidenote: I recently renewed the domain for another year...Yay!

How do you simplify your time online?
If you blog, how have you found Twitter/Facebook useful?


P.S.
If you took the time to follow MerelyMarie via Tumblr, I appreciate you for it. Thank you!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 6, 2011 at 9:20 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

I understand completely and never ventured off into the world of tumblr and facebook. Look me up on Pinterest, I'm there!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 3:44 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

I understand as well. I had a personal facebook page and ended up deleting it recently. I have a twitter and barely tweet. I think I tweet 1 person, in which she's a good friend of mine. Other than that I don't use it. I'll be getting rid of that as well. Please send me an invite to Pinterest!

 
At October 6, 2011 at 3:54 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I completely understand and have been pondering to kill my FB account. The privacy issues with FB is what bothers me the most. I am horrible with staying in contact with people and that's the only plus with FB. I randomly tweet but I like to read others tweets. I'm still undecided.

 
At October 6, 2011 at 4:41 PM , Blogger JustPatience said...

Love pinterest. I think Facebook is a good tool for a blogger to share some of the things you don't share on the blog like extra lookbook pics or just random findings.

XO,
Patience
www.justpatience.com

 
At October 7, 2011 at 1:32 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Chandra: I tried looking you up, to no avail...can you send me a link?

Neeta: Can you send me your email address...did I miss it on your blog?

JustPatience: Thanks for sharing your blogging experience with Facebook!

I enjoyed reading everyone's experiences. It's cool to know I'm not alone in the personal Facebook page dilemma!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 11:11 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Hi, Marie!

Your pintrest looks awesome and I could use a nice detox from the cluttery tumblr world too...if you could share the love? :)

my email is: deja.murrain@gmail.com

Can't wait to explore a different kind of internet realm

xoxo,
daisy

 
At October 11, 2011 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I just thought of a tip to share with you, Marie: If you highlight text on the webpage of something you want to pin, that text will automatically show up in the description box when you pin an image. This saves you from putting extra effort in writing a description everytime you pin something.

 
At October 12, 2011 at 8:50 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Daisy: Thanks, I sent you an invite:)

Jhan: This happened several times when I pinned something...text would show up in the description box. I had no clue how it was happening though! LOL Thanks for the explanation:) Yay for time savers!!!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home