Texas Roadhouse...Thank you for showing me the light!
Baked Sweet Potato...with Marshmallows on top...
DO TRY THIS AT HOME!
Here is my Recipe:
1 small/medium sweet potato
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
a dash of cinnamon
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Rinse a sweet potato under running water (using a vegetable scrubber is good if you plan to devour the potato skin)
, pat dry, and prick the potato (all over) with a fork.
• Line a small baking pan with parchment paper & put in your potato
• Bake for 45-50 minutes (for small/medium size sweet potato...about 1 hour for a large one)
• While it's baking, combine melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla
• Slice open cooked sweet potato lengthwise (be careful...HOT POTATO!!!)
• Stuff a handful of marshmallows inside
• Pour butter/sugar mixture on top of marshmallows
• Add another handful of marshmallows
• Crank the oven up to broil & pop the potato in the broiler
• Lightly toast the marshmallows (this shouldn't take long at all (about 30 seconds to 1 minute for me), so stay near the broiler.)
• Remove & allow to cool a bit, you don't want to burn your mouth
If you're feeling fancy...sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top, while you wait;)