Friday, October 7, 2011

Heavenly Sweet Potato.



Texas Roadhouse...Thank you for showing me the light!
Baked Sweet Potato...with Marshmallows on top...

DO TRY THIS AT HOME!




Here is my Recipe:
1 small/medium sweet potato
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1/8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
a dash of cinnamon
marshmallows

• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Rinse a sweet potato under running water (using a vegetable scrubber is good if you plan to devour the potato skin), pat dry, and prick the potato (all over) with a fork.
• Line a small baking pan with parchment paper & put in your potato
• Bake for 45-50 minutes (for small/medium size sweet potato...about 1 hour for a large one)

• While it's baking, combine melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla

• Slice open cooked sweet potato lengthwise (be careful...HOT POTATO!!!)
• Stuff a handful of marshmallows inside

• Pour butter/sugar mixture on top of marshmallows

• Add another handful of marshmallows

• Crank the oven up to broil & pop the potato in the broiler

• Lightly toast the marshmallows (this shouldn't take long at all (about 30 seconds to 1 minute for me), so stay near the broiler.)

• Remove & allow to cool a bit, you don't want to burn your mouth
If you're feeling fancy...sprinkle a bit of cinnamon on top, while you wait;)

Devour!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At October 7, 2011 at 8:25 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Oh my goodness, Marie! This looks so sinfully delicious!

 
At October 8, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

oh lawd Marie!

This is too yummy for words, I need this...like now!

OMFG

<333333

xoxo,
daisy

 
At October 9, 2011 at 11:50 AM , Anonymous Gorgeousgab said...

Omg!! I must!!! I can't stop salivating! I wish I had the time to do this. I'll be showing this to my partner & begging that he cooks this for me!!

 
At October 9, 2011 at 11:21 PM , Blogger Monique said...

goodness this looks like the best treat ever! i love sweet potatoes!

 
At October 10, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

This looks yummy. I love sweet potatoes but never thought to have them with melted marshmallow goodness.

 
At October 10, 2011 at 7:02 PM , Blogger simplychic said...

omg!!!!!! basically this is like sweet potato pie with out the hassle of mixing, beating, measuring etc. it's genius.

 
At October 12, 2011 at 8:58 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks all:D
I had fun making this, even more fun shooting it, but eating it was just glorious. Ha, ha!

 
At December 7, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Blogger yumzup said...

I am licking my lips as we speak....
www.yumzup.com

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home