We LOVE this rice!
With garlic, oregano, fresh lemon juice, & feta cheese...it's packed with flavor.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Kittencal)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (or use enough to cover the bottom of your saucepan)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (rubbed between your fingers to release the flavors)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (do not finely mince or the garlic will burn when cooked with the onion)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 cup long grain white rice (washed over with cold water & drained)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 large lemon, juice of (I use my nifty lemon gadget to get the most out of a lemon. Without it, I'd prob. just use the whole lemon for this recipe)
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
6 ounces fresh baby spinach
• In a saucepan (or pot that cooks good rice) heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
• Add in onion, oregano, chopped garlic and black pepper; cook stirring constantly for about 3 minutes.
• Add in the rice and stir using a wooden spoon for 3 minutes.
• Slowly add in the broth and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat, cover and simmer until the rice is tender (about 20 minutes).
• In a separate small pan, heat a bit of extra virgin olive oil and saute spinach over med. high heat, until tender & bright green.
• Remove rice from heat when done, and stir in the feta cheese & sauteed spinach.
• Season with salt and more black pepper if desired.
For a complete meal, I love to add chopped chicken breasts to the rice & serve it with fresh pita bread.
Find that recipe here!