Sunday, October 16, 2011

Gray, Olive, and a Short Shoe Story.

Outfit
Sweatshirt: Martin & Osa • Pants: Urban Outfitters • Shoes: Hispanitas • Sunglasses: Oliver Peoples • Necklace: Urban Outfitters • Bag: Coach

Hair
Twist Out

Nail Lacquer
Fingers & Toes: OPI Tickle My France-y








These shoes are like butter on my feet. I'm kinda sad about boxing them away for the winter.
Did I ever tell you the story about these shoes?

I don't think I did.

Well...I spotted them in Nordstrom years ago for $200, tried them on & fell in love.
All leather. Made in Spain. Tapper.
But, two-hundred bucks...I couldn't! Not for shoes that weren't particularly practical for Midwest weather.
About a year, or so later, these babies called me from the aisles of Nordstrom Rack, for $35!
The end.


Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At October 16, 2011 at 10:28 PM , Blogger Monique said...

those shoes and pants are amazing and what a deal!

 
At October 16, 2011 at 10:54 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Love the shoe story! I'm also in love with your nail color. I purchased it recently (but a different brand). It's my new fave.

 
At October 17, 2011 at 9:14 AM , Blogger C.D. Perry said...

great outfit!

 
At October 17, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger alicia said...

love your pants + shoes!

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:26 AM , Blogger Sabrina said...

love your hair!

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:51 AM , Blogger JustPatience said...

Very cute and chic look. Love your hair.

XO,
Patience
www.justpatience.com

 
At October 17, 2011 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Chandra said...

good things come to those who wait! love the shoes :D

 
At October 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Man, I love it when sales happen like that! If it is truly yours it will be there once you return huh? Very cute shoots might I add and that polish color is extremely cute!

I love this cute casual look on you :D

xoxo,
daisy

 
At October 18, 2011 at 1:30 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

such a great casual look!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 10:31 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks everyone!

 
At October 18, 2011 at 7:34 PM , Blogger Clara Turbay said...

I like the bag and those flats!
http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

 
At October 19, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger Britt+Whit said...

i love your heels! so cute

love from San Francisco,
Britt+Whit

 
At October 20, 2011 at 12:49 AM , Blogger justme said...

you look cute. i always hate going to stores like the rack but there is usually a score if one is patient. maybe i should go more often, its so close to my house. i plan on buying clothes finally prob in Jan so i think i will go there. thanks for the post and for reminding me

 
At October 20, 2011 at 12:36 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Justme: Thanks & no problem! You definitely have to have patience to find the hidden gems. If you go, I'd love to see your finds:)

 
At October 20, 2011 at 6:15 PM , Blogger Ashleigh Nicole said...

Cute laid back look!

xo Ashleigh

www.thedaileigh.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home