Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What's been on my 2011 summer plate?

...a lot of these.

I've also eaten a lot of yummy salads.

I told you...don't think I ever tire of tacos. LOL With Mexican rice & frijoles, it's such an easy dinner. Not anything exceptional, but guaranteed deliciousness every time.

One thing that I ate that was exceptional this summer was pizza, from Sapore di Napoli.

Neapolitan pizza is my favorite kind.
As a Chicagoan, admitting this is like committing treason, because Chicago-style deep dish reigns supreme here. That's okay though; I love & prefer the not-too-thin, chewy, charred crust over the thicker, flaky, buttery kind.


Other than:
Gyros with Tzatziki Sauce
• Pita Bread
• Greek Chicken Salad
• Orange Chicken (It's Copycat recipe, but SOOO much better than Panda Express. I adapted the recipe & hope to post it when I make it again.)
• Meatless Lasagna: Mushrooms, Spinach & Feta cheese
• Corn Tortillas
...I haven't really cooked up anything new this summer.
Have you?


It's been chilly since yesterday, & immediately I'm in the mood for comfort eats.
Think I'm going to surprise Husband this week with a real deal meal...baked chicken, mustard greens, sweet cornbread, macaroni & cheese, and cinnamon & brown sugar sweet potatoes.
Shhh...

What's on your plate? 
Eat anything exceptional this summer?


P.S.
Camera was in the repair shop when I tried the (bulleted) linked recipe...else there would've been posts:( As I licked my chops & prepared to stuff my face, I wished I had the camera every time to take photos to share with you; but at the same time, I was glad I didn't have to wait to eat;)

All of the recipes were really good, except the gyro's; but that was my fault...I used ground beef instead of lamb.
What kind of gyro is that, Marie?
I have no idea...will try it again, when I get over my fear of cooking lamb.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At September 7, 2011 at 12:58 PM , Blogger Chandra said...

Your hubby will be one happy man! Oh yes, I'm a southern girl and nothing beats sweet cornbread and greens!

 
At September 7, 2011 at 2:13 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

Your tacos look sooo yummy! I really need to do better about cooking!

 
At September 7, 2011 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

I so want to try and make a yummy taco soon those look delicious. I've been dappling with shrimp dishes all summer long :P

xoxo,
daisy

 
At September 9, 2011 at 9:55 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Chandra: He was surprised & quite happy...I'm happy:) LOL

Neeta: Thanks! You can DO it:)

Just Daisy: Thanks! Sounds good. I love shrimp:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home