Friday, September 2, 2011

Strawberry Banana Smoothie.

Delicious, easy breakfast on a hot/humid morning...great if you have no yogurt on-hand, or if you want a dairy-free smoothie!




Here is the Recipe:  (adapted from food.com, by mersaydees)
Serves 1
1/2 cup fresh strawberries, or 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 banana
3/4 cup ice
a splash or 2 of orange juice

• Toss it all in a blender
• Blend until smooth
Devour!

Marie's Tip: If the strawberries are frozen...crush them with the ice (if your blender has an ice crushing setting) before adding the banana & OJ. This will prevent frozen chunks from clogging your straw.


My favorite smoothie is the "Orange-a-peel" from Jamba Juice. Gotta get that recipe....
What's your favorite smoothie? Do you make it yourself?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At September 2, 2011 at 1:15 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Omg, this looks so yummy! Great photography skills, I love the first photo <3 I can't wait to give this a try :)

xoxo,
daisy

 
At September 3, 2011 at 10:08 AM , Blogger gorgeousgab said...

Yum! I'm a big time smoothie girl. Make 'em all myself. For my sisters wedding last year I got her a personal smoothie blender & couldn't help buying one for myself. Ever since I'm the Veggie Smoothie Bandit. My favorite has spinach, frozen banana, 1/2 avocado, a dollop of Greek yogurt, milk or OJ (milk if you want it creamy with a punch of protein; OJ if you want freshing sweetness with your days worth of Vitamin C- either way it's delicious. Give it a try Marie, tell me you like it. :) it's insanely rich, thick creamy because of the avocado!

 
At September 3, 2011 at 11:06 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Daisy! I forgot to mention in the post that the banana or the strawberries should be ripe, to have a sweetened taste.

Gorgeousgab: Thanks for sharing! I've never had avocado before...might need to have the Benadryl on stand by:( Never know what foods I am allergic to, until I try them. Will keep your recipe in mind when I'm feeling adventurous:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home