Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Return of the Coils.

After blow drying & flat ironing for about 3-4 weeks straight...(get it!? LOL), I was dazzled by the coil fairy & felt super eager to wash my hair back to normalcy.

I shampoo'd & deep conditioned & this is what it looked like...





My hair looked normal, but as I twisted & braided it, it felt thicker at the roots than it did at the ends.

Is it possible I have heat damage: blow drying on cool & flat ironing below 350 degrees, with a gang of heat protectant...???

I decided not to press the checkout button just yet on the Aveda products.

My plan to straighten for the Fall...out the window, at least not until my ends start to feel normal again.

Coming up:
Photos of the last time I straightened + the two styles I tried...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At September 22, 2011 at 12:28 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

Beautiful coils!

 
At September 22, 2011 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Jhan said...

Your camera did a good chop of capturing the coils.
Your ends are the oldest and probably weakest part of your hair since they've endured more than the roots. They seem to coil up with the rest of the hair, so maybe it's not damaged?

 
At September 22, 2011 at 4:20 PM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

I am deathly afraid of putting heat on my hair, I don't want to risk it lol.

 
At September 22, 2011 at 8:01 PM , Blogger Rimi said...

after all those cautionary steps, i doubt you have any heat damage...the coils look good :)

 
At September 23, 2011 at 6:10 AM , Blogger Chandra said...

love the coils!

 
At September 23, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks ladies:)

Jhan...I think your right. Maybe time for a trim???

I've deep conditioned my hair every week since...and I don't think it's heat damaged, but, I suspect some breakage has happened near the ends.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home