Saturday, September 3, 2011

Home for a Cottontail.

Awww...poor bunny! It was soooo hot/humid one day this summer, that this bunny couldn't even run around & frolic like he normally would.



He laid out instead...

...for hours...

...only getting up for nibbles of grass.


We watched each other & I could see his little heart working overtime. It looked like it might jump out his little fur, it was thumping so fast.
His eyes said, "Marie...Marie please...please help me...can you please come out of your A/C...just for a moment & bring me a drop of water...please...I might pass out...I might...I might die..."

:(

I nearly had a pet that day...
but...
I couldn't get over how, at certain angles, he looked like a big mouse...a big furry mouse.

Jerry. How cute would it be to name him Jerry?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At September 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute. I wanted a bunny but Mom thought they were too messy...
-Najadee

 
At September 4, 2011 at 5:00 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Hahaha. "A big furry mouse". Oh Marie, you are hilarious. :-)
*I would want to adopt him too. **

 
At September 4, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Awwwww that poor bunny haha but a big furry mouse would've had me running for cover too!

xoxo,
daisy

 
At September 5, 2011 at 4:45 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

We have a cottontail that lives in our backyard in one of the landscaping drains. He's our little buddy.

 
At September 6, 2011 at 2:52 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks everyone! LOL

Jt: That's so cute! Did you guys name him?

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home