Tumblr, you probably saw this coming.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Karen)
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
• Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
• In a medium bowl combine melted butter and cocoa and stir until cocoa is dissolved.
• Add sugar and mix well.
• Add eggs one at a time and stir until well combined.
• Stir in vanilla, flour and salt until you no longer see any flour (do not overmix).
• Spread in pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
• DO NOT OVER-BAKE -- your brownies will come out dry. Adjust time/temp accordingly for your oven. If you do the knife/toothpick test, it should come out with moist crumbs, not clean.
• Cool completely before cutting into squares.
Chocolate-y, sweet, slightly chewy around the edges, kinda light towards the middle. These were pretty decent brownies.
I tried a different brownie recipe before this one, and actually preferred it a little bit more to this one. The ingredients were virtually the same (a little less cocoa & the use of baking powder), but the results were a little less chocolate-y & a little more chewy. Only minus is that it was more "cake-like".
I'm still on the hunt for The Ultimate Chewy Brownie recipe...
If you know of one, please let me know:)