Sunday, August 7, 2011

The RabbitTail.

So, my hair is was finally long enough to wear it in a puff. Having longer hair in the back made it possible. My "tail"...it had to be at least 2 inches longer than the shortest section of my hair.
Anyone else's hair longer/grow faster in the back???








The past tense in the first paragraph is because I've cut off my tail.
It's gone.
I may have cut too much, as now the back of my hair barely fits into this style. I tried, and the back always slips out the elastic. I like this though, as it looks even more "natural". On the other hand, it also makes me look like I'm wearing a baby's hair style.

Even though I'm growing my hair out, the tail was too long, and it was no longer responding to my nifty hair tricks for feigning evenness.

What hair tricks, you say?

Well...my hair shrinks up when water touches it; so I'd spray the longer hair with water to get it to coil up & match the shorter sections.
When I'd wear braid outs, I'd some times twist the longer hair, instead of braiding it. The twists also encouraged it to shrink up shorter, for a more even shape overall.


To make my puff, I used 1 of my Goody elastics, wrapping it around my head twice, and sliding it upward until the position felt right. I like the messy look; so I didn't really smooth my edges.

My dream puff will sit very high, at the top of my head.
One day.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At August 8, 2011 at 12:15 AM , Blogger Rimi said...

It looks fab!

My hair is longer in the back too, but that's just because I've cut off too much here and there and, consequently, my hair is uneven. Bah. What can ya do? I camouflage it well and it's not that bad, so I don't mind all that much.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 6:42 AM , Blogger Brittini♥ said...

I cant wait until I reach that length! My hair is like a 3c/4a kinda in the back so it stretches easier than my other sides. Then, my right is like 1/2 longer than my left, but I think that's my fault for trimming while wet unevenly. :/

 
At August 8, 2011 at 6:45 AM , Blogger Jhan said...

Haha. Oh, Marie. This style does not look like a "baby's hairstyle". I like it.... My hair doesn't grow longer in the back, but the left side of my hair is about an inch longer than the right side.

 
At August 8, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

I think its gorgeous Marie!

xoxo,
daisy

 
At August 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM , Blogger gorgeousgab said...

Gorgeous. Oh, & yes the back of my hair seems to grow quite fast and is also A slightly different texture >.< Not fun!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:02 AM , Blogger Monique said...

yes i know what you mean i have one long dread lock that i have to trim every so often...grows way faster than the rest.

 
At August 10, 2011 at 1:44 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks ladies! I knew you'd get me on this. LOL

It's nice to know I'm not the only one "self-cutting" with uneven results.
Cutting my hair is one D-I-Y that I'm no good at. I'm so confident going in, but after a few snips, I'm like "Why did I DO Thaaat!?" LOL

 
At August 19, 2011 at 3:37 PM , Blogger CeCe Marie said...

Thanks. Love the hair updates! Im 3 months perm free! Yay!!!! I think my hair texture is closest to yours. Any suggestions on the transitions???? Thanks.

 
At August 19, 2011 at 5:08 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

No problem CeCe! Thanks for the feedback & congrats on 3 months:) Yay!

I'd suggest deep conditioning weekly & I loved wearing braid outs when I transitioned. They masked the two textures nicely & allowed me to wear my hair out.

If you need more...just let me know via email. I'd be happy to ramble on & hopefully help!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home