Thursday, August 25, 2011

Keeping Catalogs.

I have a problem. I hoard hang on to old magazines/catalogs.
Sigh.

I have a nice size stack of J.Crew catalogs (the earliest dating back to 2007) that I can't bring myself to throw away; and it's growing!





Why?!

Well...what if I need to flip through one for inspiration one day?...

It's highly unlikely, I know; as I don't often do that.

I'm just a fan of print, and a fan of the brand, and there's something appealing about the looks of a stack of catalogs to me...not sure what it is.


That'd be okay, I guess, only...another stack is starting to accumulate; Anthropologie catalogs.


I also can't seem to throw away a few issues of a local magazine, because of fashion/editorials like this:






I fell in love with the styling, & the hair; of course!


And, and...I just let my neighbor give me like 30 issues of old Taste of Home magazines.

Doesn't she know I have a problem???



How long do you keep catalogs/magazines? Which ones do you hang on to?

Labels:

5 Comments:

At August 26, 2011 at 12:20 AM , Blogger Monique said...

I suggest cutting out the editorials you like and then tossing the rest. Maybe you can keep files and categorize them. Vogue magazine is good to keep because one day it'll be vintage and worth it but j.crew and anthro...gotta cut and then toss. I just got rid of a bunch myself..it's hard bu worth doing.

 
At August 26, 2011 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Haha oh man, when I was a teenager I use to collect Teen Vogue, Alloy, Victoria's Secret, Jet, and so many more issues now I limit myself to a few issues of NYLON. I am completely obsessed with the editorials and the spreads in it.

I agree with Monique's comment that might be a much better fit for you. You don't want the magazines to start cluttering your space instead of adding more to it. You know?

xoxo,
daisy

 
At August 27, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

Marie, I was once a catalog hoarder. My husband still is. I now have a binder where I put my favorite pages in. I look back to get a little inspiration. It seems to helps me a lot....We're still working on the Hubby...lol.

 
At August 30, 2011 at 10:14 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks for the idea Monique! I like:)

Daisy: I know:) It's time for them to go!

Neeta: Thanks for sharing! Nice to know I'm not alone:)

 
At September 1, 2011 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I have a collection of Teen Vogue, Seventeen, and other teenie bopper magazines from my late high-school, early college years. I tossed a few last year, but there's still two large piles in separate locations in my basement at home. *sad*

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home