Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Finding that Something, that You Love to Do.

If you are unsure of the area where your true passions lie, I highly recommend taking an interest inventory test, like Strong.
You can find it online, or if you are enrolled in a college or university; check with your career center.

You answer a series of questions about your personal interests...what you like & dislike. Your answers are processed, and you receive a detailed inventory. The results are said to help you identify general areas of interest, as well as specific activities & occupations that you might want to explore further. It measures your interests, not your abilities, and ultimately can help you identify options that may lead you to a career that you love.

When I took the Strong (Wow...it was over 10 years ago!), my results were listed under the following categories:
• General occupational themes
• Basic interest scales
• Occupational scales
• Personal style scale

If you're interested in a summary of these categories, just leave a message below. The test may have changed over the years though.

This, in conjunction with the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator), allowed me to get a clear understanding of my personality & interest-based career path.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At August 10, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

I definitely would like this workbook. I want to change careers. This may help me.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home