Friday, August 12, 2011

Banana Foster with Candied Pecans.


Banana foster! I have to thank my sis for introducing me to this one. When she made it at a family gathering, I inhaled my bowl & wanted another. My better judgement said not to be greedy. It was so good!

I didn't have any rum, so I looked for an alcohol-free recipe...a "Shirley Temple Banana Foster", if you will. This one did the trick, but I made several changes.



Here's the adapted Recipe:
Serves 2
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 ripe banana
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon
2-3 tablespoons candied pecans (I like Trader Joe's)
4 scoops vanilla ice cream

• Slice banana into quarter-inch thick slices & chop pecans
• Melt butter in a small frying pan, over medium/medium high heat
• Add the brown sugar, and cinnamon; stir for about a minute
• Add bananas & coat in the butter/sugar mixture
• Quickly scoop ice cream, or have someone else do it because...
• After a minute or so, you have to add the vanilla
• Stir gently, so as not to mash bananas
• Remove from heat & pour over top of ice cream
• Top with chopped candied pecans
Devour!


I've made this a handful of times this summer. I love it!
I've eaten way too much ice cream...& gelato...& frozen yogurt...& italian ice; but that's what summer desserts are made of, right?!


Hey, if you missed my tip on preventing freezer burned ice cream, check it here:)

Labels:

7 Comments:

At August 12, 2011 at 2:32 PM , Blogger Melina said...

Banana Foster is AMAZING!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 9:33 PM , Blogger Nuha said...

banana foster...yummmm!!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I've never heard of this before, but it looks absolutely delicious!

 
At August 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM , Blogger Ag said...

You have just made me all sorts of hungry!!!!

 
At August 15, 2011 at 12:17 AM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

I can't wait to try this recipe it looks absolutely delicious! :)

xoxo,
daisy

 
At August 15, 2011 at 2:33 AM , Blogger Monique said...

this looks so yummy! I've heard of it but never had it. Looks amazing!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 5:58 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks you all:) I'd never heard of it either...must thank my Sis...it is delicious!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home