Banana Foster with Candied Pecans.
Banana foster! I have to thank my sis for introducing me to this one. When she made it at a family gathering, I inhaled my bowl & wanted another. My better judgement said not to be greedy. It was so good!
I didn't have any rum, so I looked for an alcohol-free recipe...a "Shirley Temple Banana Foster", if you will. This one did the trick, but I made several changes.
Here's the adapted Recipe:
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 ripe banana
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of cinnamon
2-3 tablespoons candied pecans (I like Trader Joe's)
4 scoops vanilla ice cream
• Slice banana into quarter-inch thick slices & chop pecans
• Melt butter in a small frying pan, over medium/medium high heat
• Add the brown sugar, and cinnamon; stir for about a minute
• Add bananas & coat in the butter/sugar mixture
• Quickly scoop ice cream, or have someone else do it because...
• After a minute or so, you have to add the vanilla
• Stir gently, so as not to mash bananas
• Remove from heat & pour over top of ice cream
• Top with chopped candied pecans
I've made this a handful of times this summer. I love it!
I've eaten way too much ice cream...& gelato...& frozen yogurt...& italian ice; but that's what summer desserts are made of, right?!
Hey, if you missed my tip on preventing freezer burned ice cream, check it here:)