Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Aveda?

I'm ready to make a switch! Jane Carter (my staple) was excellent at giving me shiny, "smell-good" hair; but, I want shiny, smell-good, moisturized & incredibly soft hair...for days, without having to apply a moisturizer.

Oh...and toss in there "sleek" (asking a lot, I know), because I want to blow out my hair for Fall.

I heard a lot of good things about Aveda.

Anyone try this brand? How are the Damage Remedy, and Brilliant lines? Do they smell good???

I want to try these:
Shampoo • Damage Remedy
Conditioner • Damage Remedy
Deep Conditioner • Damage Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque
Heat Protectors • Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair &/or Brilliant Damage Control
Frizz Control • Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade
Styling Cream • Brilliant Universal Styling Creme

Photo Credit.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At August 17, 2011 at 6:12 PM , Blogger MissGina said...

Do the Dry Remedy (blue bottles) instead of the Damage Remedy! You'll be hooked!!

 
At August 17, 2011 at 7:19 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

Yes, I love their products. I haven't used them in a while because I haven't blown my hair out, but when I blow my hair out, I use Aveda products. Also, I use brilliant-damage control right before I blow dry. It helps to keep your curl pattern.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 12:05 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

whenever my hair was shedding a lot (or even breaking) my old stylist would use some combo of damage remedy products and it would nip it in the bud immediately.

 
At August 18, 2011 at 12:26 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

LOL MissGina: It's a toss up..., but I think the Damage Remedy will work better in avoiding damage, especially from the heat I'd be using regularly.

Neeta: Thanks! How does the brilliant damage control smell?

Simplychic: Thanks!

 
At September 1, 2011 at 9:26 AM , Anonymous Deborahdeb said...

I love brilliant products. I actually just returned the Damage Remedy products that I bought. Perhaps you can use the brilliant shampoo and conditioner, and then use the Damage Remedy leave-in and deep conditioner. The good thing about purchasing products directly from Aveda is that they accept returns once the bottles are at least half-full.

 
At September 21, 2011 at 11:56 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Deborahdeb: How did I miss you?!!! Thanks you so much for your feedback on this brand. Will keep it in mind:)

 
At December 6, 2011 at 9:30 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I just found this blog today, very nice btw : ) Anyway, I tried the Moisture Mask Deep Conditioner (blue bottle) in August, and it didn't do much for my hair. For the price and (lack of) results, I def will not be repurchasing it. Everyone's hair is different so maybe you'll like it tho. Have you tried it yet?

 
At December 6, 2011 at 11:29 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Hello & Welcome Anon:) I decided to put trying this brand on hold. If I do give them a go, I'll definitely post about my findings.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home