Thursday, August 18, 2011

Apple Pecan Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette.

Mixed greens. Dried cranberries. Gorgonzola cheese. Candied Pecans. Granny Smith Apple slices.




Sorry...no measurements. I just used about a plateful of mixed greens & a handful of everything else.

The raspberry vinaigrette was a perfect pairing!
Here's that Recipe:
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
1/8 cup sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon oregano
1/8 teaspoon fresh black  pepper

• Add all ingredients in a small bowl
• Whisk until blended
• Drizzle on salad
• Toss
Devour!


This is one of my favorite green salads...deliciously sweet & better than the one I made last year.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 19, 2011 at 1:03 AM , Blogger socialitedreams said...

yum! i'm not a salad girl, but when I do eat it i need it to have ingredients like this :) the only way to get me to scarf it down

 
At August 20, 2011 at 2:42 AM , Blogger Just Daisy said...

Yummy! I've never had Gorgonzola cheese but it looks and sounds good. I love spicing up my salads and making them less traditional with lots of flavor.

This recipe has the perfect fix that I look for in my foods!

P.S. Great photos I can't wait to try this out

xoxo,
daisy

 
At August 21, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Wida said...

Okay I seriously love you right now. I have wanted this recipe since I tried this type of salad 3 weeks ago.

I am bookmarking this post! Thanks a lot for it!

Wida
Missing Amsie Blog

 
At August 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Vonnie:)

Daisy: Gorgonzola is excellent in this salad; nice balance to the sweetness. I'm trying to find other dishes to use it in. Thanks & hope you like:)

Wida: LOL You're welcome:) Hope you enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home