Thursday, July 7, 2011

Trip 2: Salvation Army Haul.

I got an inkling to go back to the thrift store, so I went. For about thirty bucks, this is what I came out with:

1. Braided leather belt
2. Coach leather bag
3. J.Crew tee
4. Grosgrain belt
5. Coach leather bag





I'd been looking for a burnt-orange-brown colored leather bag to match these shoes for a couple years now. Amazing that I'd find 2 bags, when I wasn't even looking for them!
After bringing them home, I did a little research online. I'm fairly certain that #2 is a Janice's Legacy Bag. When I saw the current price on Coach's website versus what I paid, I did a tiny dance. I think it was either $9, or $15.


I wasn't able to find #5 online, but I didn't mind. The bag is just my style. It reminds me of my first purse (in a more grown up, refined kinda way); but, that's a story for another post...

Anywhoo...
the similarities (leather, flap style, turn-lock, long strap) to this bag that I'd been wanting for months, are kinda funny to think about. If it had a chain strap, I'd gone head & delete that linked post. It'd be over...probably. LOL
Since I never really cared for the quilted-style...all I'd really be missing is the name.
What's really in a name??? Another post, for another night...


I really like both handbags. Inside & out, they are in great condition & can be worn cross-body. Yay for free hands!
The leathers feel super smooth. The colors are timeless. Only minus...they are small purses, so I can't tote around a lot of stuff in them. This will force me to carry just what I need; and not "just in case" items that I rarely use on a daily basis. That stuff just weighs me down. I mean, who carries around a pound of loose change???
Oh...that reminds me, I've been wanting to do that "What's in my Bag?" tag, that I saw on Youtube.

I needed a black belt, and this one will do nicely! I love that it's braided & the feel of the leather...so soft. It fits perfectly around my waist to cinch tops & dresses.
It just barely makes it around the belt loops of my pants. LOL

Something drew me to this belt. For 40 cents, I got it. Several days later, I flipped through my latest J.Crew catalog to gaze upon this...
LOL Kinda similar, no? And yes...I've already cut-off a pair of my old jeans to try this look;) Husband & I were laughing about this recently...we remembered growing up and cutting our pants into shorts when it got hot outside. When Fall came we didn't have many pants to wear to school.
Time to go school shopping!!! LOL
I used to love going shopping for school...Sigh.
I digress.

I couldn't leave the store without getting something gray, so I headed towards the tees. There were about 12 gray t-shirts on the rack. I spotted what seemed like a ruffle, so grabbed it; quick. Perfect fit;)
I think it was meant to be, for me.

What have you hauled lately?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 8, 2011 at 3:01 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweet finds!!!

 
At July 8, 2011 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Great finds, Marie! I must try thrifting one day!

 
At July 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

Awesome finds!!!!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 12:26 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks ladies:)

 
At July 12, 2011 at 1:14 AM , Anonymous Monique said...

Wow lady you did quite well thrifting.

*my birthstone is actually diamond :)

 
At July 12, 2011 at 1:23 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks & cool:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home