Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Outside my Kitchen Window: A Peeping Squirrel.

In the kitchen, I turned to see this mog staring at me.
Can you spot the squirrel?



For minutes, he just sat in that spot, just looking. I wondered how long, he'd been there before I saw him...her?

Naturally, I joined in the staring contest. It was so weird & funny! I got a hunch that this squirrel was indeed trying to be inconspicuous. It didn't move, nor break eye contact, until I called Husband.
I called him & he grabbed the camera.

...Awww...so innocent...look at those little arms & tiny paws...

We see you, you little creep! LOL


This got me thinking about the origins of "Peeping Tom"
Why "Tom"? Who was that guy???...

Labels:

6 Comments:

At July 12, 2011 at 12:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute! It made my day! :) Thanks for posting that!

 
At July 12, 2011 at 5:55 AM , Anonymous CameraChy said...

So funny!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 10:56 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Anon: No problem:)
Hey CameraChy!!! LOL

 
At July 13, 2011 at 7:52 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Haha. Looks like someone was up to no good! Such a cutie.
... I would like to know who "Tom" is as well. I'm sure it wasn't Halle Berry's current stalker.

 
At July 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

CUTE

 
At July 15, 2011 at 2:34 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Jhan: LOL
Did a bit of research...and as is turns out, "Tom" was a tailor who looked upon the nakedness of noblewoman, who was riding through the streets in protest to her husbands taxation on the poor people of Coventry. Tom's peeping was unlawful, and it's written that he was either struck blind or dead.

Dang! LOL

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home