Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Decor Design Style: What's Yours?

I took a home decorating style quiz several months ago & decided to take it again today. It seems my style remains to be Transitional...

The results of the quiz said this:
Your style is Classic Casual   
AKA Transitional. A mix of contemporary and traditional. Usually updated, graceful, enduring.
Sounds accurate, as it kinda defined my wardrobe; and yet, when I googled "transitional design living room" for some image inspiration, I instantly felt underwhelmed.
Then, I googled images for "transitional design bedroom". Still...no sparks!
I looked around me & if it walks & quacks like a duck...

It all looked familiar.

• Plain.
• Dark/Neutral.
• Boring.

Is this really me?...I kept asking myself.

I get excited when I see eclectic & brightly designed spaces; especially living rooms. They often have mismatch furniture; 1 lone sofa, beautifully textured chevron rugs or striking animal print rugs, rustic wooden coffee tables, sexy luxurious chairs, and leather studded ottomans with a lush, casually folded throw & a tray holding a couple of books & a few odd nick-knacks.

Somehow it never looks like too much.
Somehow it all works cohesively.
I think it looks beautiful, but wonder...could I really "live" & feel comfortable in that living room? Or, would I love it for awhile, then somewhere down the road end up feeling like it's outdated.

Do you know your decorating style? How do you add your personal touch & character to your space? Do you ever gravitate towards eye-candy decor that isn't really your style?
Here's the quiz I took.

Photo Credit.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 13, 2011 at 1:08 PM , Blogger Rimi said...

'Your style is Classic Casual
AKA Transitional. A mix of contemporary and traditional. Usually updated, graceful, enduring.'

 
At July 13, 2011 at 7:37 PM , Blogger CM said...

My style is "Mid-Century Mod
Open, airy, organic spaces, all about form and function. Sophisticated and sleek yet approachable, alluring. My home is Mid-Century Modern."

I'm in the process of decorating my place, but I love what colorful/printed rugs, pillows, and throws can do to a space with plain furniture. Still working on what to do with my empty walls!

 
At July 13, 2011 at 9:04 PM , Blogger LoveNWright said...

I was eclectic..Anything goes as long as it goes together. Blending different eras and styles with a single statement. My home has Eclectic Style

HAAAA!! I think this speaks more to my indecisiveness than anything!! But, it's true...I don't care what the item is as along as it goes and looks nice.

 
At July 15, 2011 at 2:35 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

I enjoyed reading everyone's decor design style! Thanks for taking that quiz & coming back to chime in:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home