Friday, June 10, 2011

Sausage, Spinach & Fennel Pizza.

It's sad that I have to do this, and yet it works well for me. To eat more vegetables, I hide them in my food.

Yes, like a parent trying to get their kids to eat veggies. If I'm having something with red sauce, I like to toss in handfuls of spinach. Lasagna, chicken parmesan...& pizza.



I actually like spinach though, & can eat it alone.

If I want the nutrients from some of my less favorite vegetables like carrots, and broccoli, then I'll add them in something like seasoned rice. The flavor from the rice blends with the vegetables, making them more appetizing than just eating them alone. I have the hardest time eating broccoli plain.

Adding vegetables to a dish also saves me from having to use another pot. I love one pot/pan dinners...less clean up!



For this pizza, I layered some raw spinach leaves on top of the sauce. I also added 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds (crushed) into the sauce. Delicious!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 10, 2011 at 4:18 PM , Anonymous Kan said...

This looks delicious! I just made a Grilled Chicken Pizza with whole wheat thin crust and red, yellow, orange, & green peppers, very yummy!

 
At June 10, 2011 at 6:00 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

That looks so good and I so wish I could make it and have it look like this!

 
At June 11, 2011 at 9:19 AM , Blogger Jhan said...

Mmmm. Spinach goes really well with pasta-like dishes.

I wouldn't say that I love broccoli, but I don't mind eating it. My favorite veggies are carrots and sweet corn on the cob. That is why I love the late summer, early fall months.

 
At June 11, 2011 at 10:39 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Kan: Thanks! Your pizza sounds delicious!
Jt: Awwww....thanks girlie!
Jhan: It really does & it cooks very fast too. I think corn is my favorite vegetable too.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home