Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Marie's Tips: Hurting in Heels.

Dressing for your body type can be challenging, especially if you're shorter than the average woman. Pretty shoes with heels have the ability to make you look good & appear taller, but is the pain really worth it?

Since we've already covered pants & denim, and dresses & skirts; lets discuss shoes...

If you are looking for tips on heels, I only have one. The rest is merely opinion & experience. Feel free to chime in with yours;)



• Find a heel height that feels most comfortable to you & wear it.
That's it. That's my tip.
Now, here's me opinion...


Some say that when you're short, you need to or you have to wear high heels.
I disagree; strongly.
What's wrong with being the height that you are???


There was a time when I wore 3 to 4 inch heels to work everyday; and I...could...walk! Snap, snap.
It felt amazing & somewhat sexy to be seemingly taller, but it was also a temporary illusion. The shoes came off at the end of the day & I was still 5 feet 2 inches; AND my feet would be in pain.


Some say, "Beauty hurts." or that "It hurts to be pretty".
I say, why suffer?


The wrong pair of heels can cause all kinds of painful, hideous foot problems that are costly to fix. They can also prompt you to buy all sorts of inserts & cushions, just to make them more comfortable to wear.


Solutions aren't necessary when the problem is preventable.


I love the looks of high heels (& these ARE some gorgeous-looking shoes, no?); but, until I find a pair that feel completely comfortable on my feet standing, walking, and light running, I won't wear them. At least not all day, several days a week.
Nope.
I'm done torturing myself.
I'm also done buying shoes that have to be "broken in". Boo!!!

I've found comfort, functionality, and beauty in shoes with 0-2 inch heels.

What heel height is most comfortable to you?
What are your thoughts on this?
What has been your heel experience?


Photo Credits.



Labels:

4 Comments:

At June 28, 2011 at 6:55 AM , Blogger Jhan said...

I agree with buying shoes that are comfortable for you. Afterall, you'll most likely be sporting them for a few hours at a time. I love high heels because my legs look ah-mazing in them. I also find that certain heels accomodate my high arches more than in flats (sounds strange, but it's true)... but I'm getting to the point where I am looking for comfort more than anything, so I love those shoes that already come padded.

 
At June 30, 2011 at 9:38 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Jhan: It doesn't sound strange at all. I think my arches are virtually nonexistent, that's why most high heels hurt me.

 
At June 30, 2011 at 3:15 PM , Blogger gorgeousgab said...

I'm already a taller than average girl (5'8") so sometimes when i put on my 5 inchers I feel very self conscious and people have even bothered me to move out the way because I'm blocking their view....meanies!...But I LOVE a high heel - I prefer Platform Wedges, because they may be high but the ones I buy are Oh so comfortable...more comfy than any stilleto or high heel I've worn. I can literally walk in them for hour with no pain. But stilletos, platforms, NO thanks. Some Booties are awesome too. I think it's the ankle support that helps balance things out.
I love a little short tiny heel too. They are always comfy. Well 3 inches and below...I have a few of those in my closet too....OH, and the SOLES are OH so important! When choosing a shoe, base it on the sole. Rubber soles are my fave.

 
At July 5, 2011 at 1:41 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Gorgeousgab: 5 inchers...Wow!!! I will have to look into the platform wedges.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home