Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Easy Southern Banana Pudding.


Yummy, cool & creamy...perfect treat on a hot summer day!

I love banana pudding. Nobody told me it tastes twice as good topped with Cool Whip. I found out via the side of the JELL-O instant pudding & pie filling box:(




Here is the Recipe: (adapted from the side of a JELL-O box)
1 (3.4 oz.) package JELL-O, banana cream flavor instant pudding & pie filling
2 1/2 cups cold milk
30 vanilla wafers
3 bananas (sliced)
1 (8 oz.) tub Cool Whip, whipped topping (thawed)

• Beat pudding mix & milk with whisk for 2 min. Let stand 5 min., then fold in half of the tub of Cool Whip.
• Arrange a layer of wafers on the bottom of a 2-qt. bowl or dish.
• Top with layers of (half each) of the bananas & pudding.
• Repeat layers.
• Top with remaining Cool Whip.
• Refrigerate 3 hours.
Devour!

Labels:

8 Comments:

At June 15, 2011 at 6:58 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I've never eaten banana pudding made with jello pudding. My mama always makes hers the old fashion way with condensed milk and she always makes 2 different pans. 1 with bananas and 1 without because she's allergic to bananas. I like to eat out of her pan!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 11:01 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

JT: Fresh is almost always best!!! Sounds good. I'm curious; what else goes in it?

 
At June 17, 2011 at 11:58 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

i always love your recipes b/c they are good and don't require you to slave away in the kitchen. this i am definitely going to try!!!

 
At June 17, 2011 at 6:06 PM , Blogger Femmes With Benefits said...

LOVE THIS! It looks SO DEELISH!!! New reader of your blog.

Kimberly, FWB

 
At June 17, 2011 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous LoveNWright said...

Waiting on this Recipe e-book....I'd surely purchase and print on my own!! LOL!!!

Kay @LoveNWright

 
At June 18, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Awwww...thanks SimplyChic!

Hello & thanks Kimberly! Oh, and Welcome:)

LOL Kay; now you've got me thinking...

 
At June 25, 2011 at 7:31 PM , Blogger jtbrown said...

@Marie, I'm just now seeing this. Condensed sweet milk, sugar, butter and a vanilla extract. Then you stir and stir and stir until it begins to thicken. You layer your bananas and wafers and pour it over and let it cool. If you want specifics I'll have to call my mama but that's not a problem. Email me if you want it, I don't wanna put her secrets on the interwebs.

 
At June 25, 2011 at 8:03 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

No prob. JT. Thanks for replying!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home