Sunday, June 5, 2011

7 Things About Marie: Stylish Blogger Award.

How exciting! MerelyMarie has been given it's very first blog award...
"The Stylish Blogger Award". Nice!
I saw this award on a few blogs in my reader, and I love "tag-like" stuff like this & learning more about the person behind the blog.
Many thanks to Beautiful Me, at Rule no. 1 for the honor. When you find the time girlie, I really hope you bring that vegetarian feature to your blog!

The rules of the award are to:
• Thank & link back to the person that awarded you this award
• Share 7 things about yourself
• Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
• Contact these bloggers & tell them about the award




Seven Things About Me:
#7 The expression "It's just like riding a bike!" is lost on me. I don't know how to ride a bike.
I do now. Yay!
#Growing up, I never had problems telling boy (classmates) that I liked, that I liked them. I was far from being "fast", in fact, I was often considered a "quiet nerd". I just didn't fear rejection...or embarrassment, for that matter.
#I enjoy getting my teeth cleaned at the dentist.
#I am a homebody, but I like to go on vacations. If I'm not traveling, I love to just stay home with Husband, eat delicious home-cooked food, snuggle on our couch & watch something good on the television. Beside my parent's house, this is "home" to me.
#I go through wardrobe color phases. For about 3 years of my college life, I wore some version of pink almost everyday. 
#2 I like walking. Before I got a car, I used to take the bus & train, and I'd get off at stops that weren't "my stop" to explore unfamiliar neighborhoods in & around the city. I'd walk around for hours...for miles, going inside shops & restaurants I'd never been in before. Once, I surprised myself when I'd walk so far, that I ended up at the lake. I didn't worry at all about getting lost, like I often do now, when I have to drive somewhere new.  And these were the days before cell phones, map apps & GPS. I miss this.
#1 I'm totally head-over-tappers in love with my husband.


Okay, now to award...
Fifteen recently discovered great bloggers. A few aren't really "recently discovered", but great just the same:)

Jtbrown • Justme • Jhan • Neeta • KaySy • SimplyChic • Retromus-ik • SavvyStephanie • MoniqueKikiStarNicoleGorgeousgabCarla

You ladies are awesome!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At June 5, 2011 at 2:12 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

Marie, thanks!!! This is just awesome, you have made my day!!! Now, I must spread the love!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 2:07 AM , Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Marie. This really boosts my motivation up to continue blogging. I've been MIA for a while now due to lack of inspiration.
You put a smile on my face. Thank you!!!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 12:40 PM , Blogger simplychic said...

awww thanks so much for awarding me :) :) and thanks for sharing some information about yourself. you and the hubby make a beautiful couple!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 4:50 PM , Blogger gorgeousgab said...

Cool! ^_^ Muchas gracias, Marie!

 
At June 7, 2011 at 9:39 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Yay! Thanks, Marie. Your blog is pretty awesome too! I must find time to do this post.

 
At June 8, 2011 at 8:48 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

Thank you Marie!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 1:24 AM , Blogger beautiful me said...

Yay!! So glad you did it! The vegetarian feature started today!

 
At June 9, 2011 at 2:26 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

You ladies are so welcome:)
Thanks Simplychic:)

 
At June 17, 2011 at 3:14 PM , Anonymous Monique said...

Thanks Marie, I've been out of town getting married and honeymooning. I finally have a minute to stop by and say thanks. Also your blog is lovely. We have a lot in common. I too am a wonderer and homebody (unless traveling). You and your hubby are so cute!! Much love

Monique

 
At June 17, 2011 at 3:51 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

No problem Monique; hope the honeymooning never ends:) Thank you!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home