Simple Beef & Broccoli.
In addition to this delicious beef & broccoli, I have several upcoming recipes for you, so you can skip the take out & enjoy good Chinese food at home.
(adapted from food.com by Chris from Kansas)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 lb boneless round steak or 1 lb charcoal chuck steaks, cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
4 cups broccoli florets
1 small onions, cut into wedges
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon cornstarch
red pepper flakes
hot cooked rice
• Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water and garlic powder until smooth, in a large bowl.
• Add beef and toss.
• In a small cup or bowl, combine water, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil, and remaining tablespoon of cornstarch. Stir until smooth.
• In a large skillet or wok over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until beef reaches desired doneness; remove and keep warm.
• Stir-fry broccoli and onion in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes.
• Return beef to pan & add soy sauce mixture.
• Cook and stir for 2 minutes, adding a few shakes of red pepper flakes to taste.
• Spoon over a bowl of rice.
Refrigerate tossed beef for 30 minutes to marinate.
Use a clove of fresh minced garlic, instead of garlic powder for greater flavor.
Add fresh chopped green onion to garnish.