Monday, May 16, 2011

Saving Tarnished Costume Jewelry.

Get more wear out of your metal costume jewelry. I learned how to save several pieces from the trash, after seeing this helpful vid.




I have a pair of earrings that I bought last summer, that had started to turn brown.

I rinsed them under running water & applied some toothpaste. After rubbing the toothpaste in small circular motions for a few minutes, I rinsed my earrings under warm water, removing any traces of the toothpaste. Drying them with a paper towel, I then used my blow dryer to thoroughly get rid of any moisture...


& Voila! Like new.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At May 16, 2011 at 11:08 PM , Blogger simplychic said...

whoa!!!!! that is life changing information. i'm going to try it with two rings that have just been sitting and rusting away. hope it works for me...

 
At May 17, 2011 at 4:27 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

WOW! Thanks for posting this!

 
At May 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

I tried this trick this morning and it made my hoops look brand new! Great post!

 
At May 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Simplychic: LOL Hope it works for you!
Neeta: You're very welcome:)
Najadee: Yay!!! Glad it worked on your hoops!

I tried this on some older chain necklaces, but it was a no-go:( The rust had set in too deep.

 
At May 21, 2011 at 12:04 AM , Blogger LoveNWright said...

I am going to e-mail you my address so that you can send me these earrings!! #pleaseandthankyou

Kay

 
At May 22, 2011 at 11:44 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

LOL Kay:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home