Here's a nice way to have shrimp. No deep frying necessary.
Here's the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by Marie)
12 jumbo shrimp ( 10 to 12 per lb)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
salt and pepper
1/4 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 lemon, cut in wedges
• Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
• Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact.
• Mix together olive oil & garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
• Add shrimp and toss lightly to coat.
• Refrigerate 30 minutes to an hour.
• In shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
• Place each shrimp in bread crumb mixture and turn them to lightly coat both sides.
• Arrange shrimp so that they aren't touching each other on a sheet of parchment paper in a 9 x 13 pan.
• Drizzle with melted butter.
• Place pan on the center rack of oven and bake for 10 minutes or until done.
• Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This is delicious layered over salad greens with a lemon vinaigrette