Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mexican Rice.

Husband loves this!
Ever since I found this recipe, I can't seem to make tacos without having Mexican rice on the side. "Is there any rice?!" he asks?



Here is the Recipe: (adapted from allrecipes.com, by mommyto2)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth

• Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and add onions.
• Cook onions until translucent.
• Add rice, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden (2-4 minutes).

• While rice is cooking, sprinkle with taco seasoning, salt, and cumin.
• Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil. 

• Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes
• Fluff with a fork.
Devour!

Optional: For more flavor, add 1 clove of minced garlic & stir just before adding the tomato sauce!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At May 1, 2011 at 9:05 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I love making that rice! Over the last few years rice has become a big side dish in my menu.

 
At May 1, 2011 at 1:05 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

Mmm... sounds/looks so delicious! Paula Deen had a show on the FoodNetwork with a guest chef where they made Mexican rice and fried plantains as a meal. There was no color to the rice, but it still looked pretty yummy. I love your recipes, Marie.

 
At May 2, 2011 at 8:35 AM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

I must try this as I LOVE Mexican rice!

 
At May 3, 2011 at 3:02 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

o yummy! i like to have rice with my tacos too, but it's never from scratch. may give this a try for cinco...

 
At May 3, 2011 at 10:26 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks ladies:)
I edited the recipe, as I actually used unsalted butter.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home