Ever since I found this recipe, I can't seem to make tacos without having Mexican rice on the side. "Is there any rice?!" he asks?
(adapted from allrecipes.com, by mommyto2)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
1 teaspoon taco seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 cups chicken broth
• Heat butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and add onions.
• Cook onions until translucent.
• Add rice, stirring constantly, until puffed and golden (2-4 minutes).
• While rice is cooking, sprinkle with taco seasoning, salt, and cumin.
• Stir in tomato sauce and chicken broth; bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes
• Fluff with a fork.
Optional: For more flavor, add 1 clove of minced garlic & stir just before adding the tomato sauce!