Chicken, Corn & Black Bean Enchiladas Recipe.
1 (14.5 oz.) can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 lb. cooked chicken breasts (diced or shredded)
3 cups of shredded cheese, Monterey jack & cheddar cheese blend
10-12 corn tortillas (warm) I like to pan fry these in a little butter.
Red Enchilada Sauce (adapted from food.com, by Mark H.)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons flour
5 teaspoons red chili powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 ounces tomato paste
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
• Melt butter in a sauce pan.
• Make a roux by browning flour in melted butter.
• Add spices and tomato paste; stir until well blended into roux.
• Add chicken broth gradually, stirring constantly.
• Heat until boiling.
• Continue simmering and stirring until desired thickness is achieved. (about 8-10 minutes)
• Taste every so often and adjust spices as needed, adding salt to taste.
• Line a 9 x 13 pan with aluminum foil.
• Pour enough enchilada sauce to coat the bottom of the pan.
• Layer half of the mexicorn, half of the black beans, then 1 cup of cheese on top of the sauce.
• Combine chicken, remaining mexicorn & black beans together, then divide that into 10-12 equal parts & add a part to each tortilla.
• Roll tortillas & place each one seam side down in the pan.
• Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top, or enough per your tastes. I usually have some left over.
• Add remaining cheese on top.
• Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
this salad dressing. The tart lemon vinaigrette & the flavorful enchiladas made for a winning combination!