Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Button Box.

The box was given to me with a Christmas present inside, several years ago.

I have this thing where I can't throw away nice packages/bags/boxes. It's bad enough when nice wrapping paper has to go in the trash, because no matter how carefully you try to unwrap it, a rip comes & ruins everything.
Whenever I open a beautifully wrapped gift, I feel this slight uneasiness about undoing someone's thoughtful labor.
I digress.




Inside the box, I've stored away: extra buttons & thread that come attached to a new item of clothing, old buttons that I've clipped away from an old sweater to transform the look of it, and a few safety pins.
It makes sense to also have a needle & thread inside, but mine are currently on a shelf in the linen closet.

Though I can't remember having to actually pick a button from this box & sew it on, it feels nice to have them on-hand.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 14, 2011 at 8:34 PM , Blogger Neeta said...

This box is cute! I have a button and thread box but it's this ugly plastic box. I have a cute box I can use to put that stuff in. Thanks for the idea!

 
At May 15, 2011 at 11:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't have a cute box but I save all of my extra buttons and thread in a large zip lock bag.

 
At May 15, 2011 at 12:45 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

No problem Neeta, thanks:)
Thanks for messaging Anon:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home