Thursday, May 19, 2011

127 Hours.

I usually catch "Oscar winning and/or nominated" movies, months/years after the buzz. It's always interesting to see if they actually meet the hype.
For me, 127 Hours did not.



I can't explain why, really.
There was something interesting about the opening sequencing & the split screens throughout; but that's where it ended for me.

Okay...I think I can explain why.
It's one character, stuck in one location, for the majority of the film.
The entire movie, Before the movie even began, I was waiting for the "arm-cutting part"...gist of the movie, right? Well, when it finally came, I felt so tense. It was "edge-of-the-seat...I can't believe someone actually went through this in real life...oh my goodness...no...no...nooooooooo!" kind of tense. The scene was done & captured so well, and Mr. Franco did a great job acting the part; but when it was over, it was over.

I understand it isn't meant to be an entertaining movie...or maybe it was.
I just didn't get it.

I usually only post movies I like but, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts, if you've seen this one.
I look forward to watching Black Swan & The Kings Speech.
What other movies from last year, were Oscar-buzzed?


Photo Credit.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I enjoyed Black Swan. The only way I could describe is "interesting", but good nonetheless. There was a part of me towards the end of the film where I said "Omg! I totally get it!" haha. Good times... I would like to see 'The King's Speech' as well.

 
At May 22, 2011 at 11:45 PM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks for your take on Black Swan. I heard so many good things about it!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home