Tomato, Spinach, Tortellini Soup.
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by spatchcock)
Makes about 4 servings.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup minced onions (about 1/2 small onion)
6 cups Better than Bouillon chicken broth
1 (14 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped
1/2 (12 ounces) package Barilla 3 cheese Tortellini (6 ounces)*
cracked black pepper
5 ounces fresh spinach (chopped coarsely)
couple leaves of fresh basil (chopped coarsely)
fresh oregano chopped (about 1/4 teaspoon)
• In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
• Saute the onion until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
• Add garlic & stir.
• Add broth and tomatoes, turn heat up to high, and bring to a boil.
• Add the tortellini and cook according to package instructions.
• When tortellini is almost done, add spinach, basil & oregano and taste, adjusting seasonings with salt and pepper.
* I'm sure this can be made with other kinds of tortellini (i.e., unfilled, fresh), and still be exceptionally delicious. Add a sprinkle of parmesan cheese to garnish!