Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One Down: Off Me Meds Update.

It's been a little over a month since I stop use of my acne meds.  My "facial skin" (LOL) is doing/looking okay. After the first 2 weeks, not so much. I experienced an outbreak; tiny bumps freckled all across my face. I can't say I didn't expect it.


I ate more veggies & drank more water than usual.
Exercise. Nadda! LOL I couldn't get excited about it:( I'm not counting my walks about my neighborhood, as those are more stress-relievers than anything. I must get on this! Is there some sort of "beginner's exercise" I should try? I don't know where to start.

I've been washing my face 1-2 times a day with Cetaphil Facial Cleanser, and moisturizing with either of the following:
• Cetaphil Lotion
• Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
• Neutrogena Healthy Defense Moisturizer SPF 45

I love this! So simple.
Before, I had the extra steps after washing of applying Klaron lotion (med #1), washing the medicine off my fingers and waiting 15 minutes before I could apply sunscreen (which had to be applied 30 minutes before going out the door). Boo!
Then at night, I had to wash my face again, apply Retin-A (med#2), and then wash that medicine off my hands. Double Boo! Though they kept my adult acne at bay for years, some nights I just wanted to go to bed...and some mornings I just wanted to go out the door!

As much as I'd like to keep my regimen under 2 steps, my face gets so oily. One of the perks of the meds, were that they controlled the over-productive oil glands on my face.  
Solutions to rid a greasy face please??? LOL

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 5, 2011 at 10:53 PM , Blogger Jhan said...

I don't have suggestions to rid a greasy face. I do, however, have suggestions to working out. I searched for "30 minute workout" videos on youtube recently and found a plethora of such videos. They're pretty great and you can do them in the comfort of your home (or your 2nd floor apartment, if you're a grad student like me). I like the videos by Ivy Larson the best. Very easy to follow and her workouts are not like super choreographed like normal workout dvds are. I hope this helps, somewhat.

 
At April 6, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

Hey Chica! Have you tried to find an oil-free or oil control moisturizer? I used Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred for inside working out. If you have access to Netflix via online or a game console, use the instant queue to find some exercise videos and it's all free!

 
At April 7, 2011 at 12:19 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Jhan: This does help! Thanks!!! I will check out Ivy.
JT: I've tried oil-free, but not oil control. Thanks!!! Will research that. I do have Netflix, but had no idea there were exercise videos on there.

You ladies are awesome! Thanks for helping me. How'd you know I didn't want to leave home to exercise??? LOL

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home