Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Decaf & Soy.

As previously mentioned, I decided to keep my joy & not give up coffee. Instead of my usual fully-caffeinated coffee with Half & Half, I tried drinking decaf with soy milk creamer...




...for about a week. Ha, ha!

Husband picked up both from Trader Joe's.

The decaf coffee is actually really good! Strong, robust, and smooth. Honestly, I'm still drinking this, and will probably continue to. It's good. I like it.

The soy milk creamer...I'm indifferent. The taste was different. Can't really describe the flavor. It added a certain richness/sweetness, where I didn't have to use much, which was nice.
Unfortunately, it also left little particles in my cup, which wasn't so nice to look at. LOL I suppose it curdles a bit when added to the hot coffee. Boo!
Another minus, is that the carton suggests you use it within 7-10 days after opening. Drinking coffee daily, this is not an issue (in regards to waste). Having to buy it virtually every week from a store that is not close to home, is...sort of. I guess you could stock up on one visit...

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 6, 2011 at 5:20 PM , Blogger justme said...

Lol, this is so funny because I was thinking in my head "how long did she last"

Glad to see it wasn't the taste but more of the chemistry of it all. What made you want to skip to decaf? I have never tried it but regular coffee does nothing for me either. I can drink espresso right before bed.

 
At April 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM , Blogger Marie said...

LOL...Thanks Justme! Where's the faith?!? LOL

I felt like regular coffee often gave me a false sense of energy, and I didn't want to be dependent on it for pep.

Espresso before bed...Wow!
You know, my sisters often tell me that coffee before bed has no effect on them, and that it actually encourages them to sleep. I guess everybody is different.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home