Crisp Baked Potato Skins.
I just didn't like the texture, and part of my brain couldn't get over how "dirty" potato skins were.
Well; if the foods we hate as children, we soon cherish as adults...
Yes, I cherish these little potato skins. They are so crisp & packed with flavor. Delicious!
Here is the Recipe: (adapted from food.com, by crazycooker222)
2 large baking potatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1/16 teaspoon pepper
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, sliced
• Bake potatoes in oven until done, then cool ( I bake potatoes at 350 degrees, for 1 hour)
• Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp (& set it aside), leaving 1/4-inch shell.
• Place shells on a greased baking sheet.
• Combine oil, Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, paprika and pepper and brush all over potato skins.
• Bake at 475° for about 8 minutes and turn over.
• Bake for another 8 minutes or so and then turn right side up.
• Sprinkle bacon and cheddar evenly inside of skins.
• Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
• Top with sour cream and onions (and so not be wasteful, the saved potato pulp)
Optional: For even more flavor, I cut 1/2 tablespoon of vegetable oil & replaced it with 1/2 tablespoon of drippings from the cooked bacon. Yum!