Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blog Design: Meet Sāntomian.

LAYOUT
I'm thrilled to share the designs I recently created for Sy's blog!!!

Sy indicated she was a very simple person & wanted more of a clean layout with just a hint of color!

Just my design style, girlie:)
BUTTONS






























Just read her blog name, and you know it means something.

I love this & was excited to be able to illustrate this meaning in her blog header, so that it also has meaning. 
HEADER


Did you know that a person from St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, is called a "St. Thomian"?
After learning this from Sy, I soon thought to include a silhouette of St. Thomas as the sole graphic in her header. This way, readers like myself (who didn't/don't know) can make that visual connection when they stop by.

I also thought it'd be neat for Sy, if the header could serve as a personal reminder for why she initially began her blog, should she ever need it, by including a tag line. She sent me the line, and I think it works beautifully!
You immediately get an idea of what her blog is about.

Meet Sāntomian here!

Thank you so much Sy!!! 
As my first giveaway winner & my first blog design, you were so easy to work with & such a pleasure! All the best to you & Sāntomian!



Hey Everyone...I'm on a countdown (lots of little things to get done) to the launch of MerelyBlogDesign, so I might be MIA around MerelyMarie & BlogLand until the end of April.

Please stay tuned...
I have my "Braid Out Tips/Tutorial", a couple New Recipes & several old ones coming up.
One day, I'm going to (be okay with this blog looking like the old one and) just upload the food posts one after the other, until they are all out of my draft post box. All 80 of them.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At April 24, 2011 at 1:57 AM , Blogger simplychic said...

how cool! it looks great. nice work. i'm jealous :-/

 
At April 25, 2011 at 2:04 AM , Blogger justme said...

pretty and that is funny because that is the same thing i am going to ask for, lol.

 
At April 25, 2011 at 9:06 AM , Blogger Sy said...

Thanks again for everything Marie. It came out beautifully and it was an absolute pleasure working with you.


btw LOVE the post;)

 
At April 27, 2011 at 12:59 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks everyone:)

 
At April 30, 2011 at 10:42 PM , Blogger LoveNWright said...

Wow, I just had a mini-geography, language lesson!! Loved it!! Congrats Sy and Merely perfect Marie!!

Kay @LovenWright

 
At May 1, 2011 at 1:10 AM , Blogger MerelyMarie said...

Thanks Kay:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home