Preparing For the Major Cut: A walk down Memory Mane.
Cute hair pins.
Pretty hair bands.
I even considered buying makeup (i.e., foundation; but that's another story)...
Eight months had past since my last relaxer touch up.
I researched, heavily, online about what to do.
June 2010, I had everything in place, but my feelings.
The "Should I?", or "Shouldn't I?" cut off all my "long" hair, was wracking my brain.
How would I look? Feminine??? I sure hoped!
What would my texture really look like, without the relaxed ends hanging on? Would I have any curls? I won't lie. At the time, I hoped!
What kind of styles could I do with very short hair? Could I do any styles at all?
I finally decided to just put myself out of my own misery, and just do it.
Just cut it all off.
How did I know I was ready?
• I felt more excited than nervous.
• I would anxiously twist my hair at the roots & then stop when I got to the processed hair.
• I was anxious to do a twist out.
• I was anxious to do a wash & go.
• I couldn't wait to be able to wash/condition/style my hair in minutes, instead of hours.
• I couldn't wait to feel the warm breeze of summer touch my scalp.
• I didn't care anymore about length, and was actually getting excited about the idea of having very short hair...the shortest hair I'd have since birth!
• I knew that there wouldn't be any hiding my hair (unless I wore a hat). It'd just be me & my hair throughout all the grow out stages...the Good, the Bad, & the Not so pretty! LOL
• I was prepared for great hair days.
If the not so great hair days came, I knew I'd be ready for them too.
Did you prepare for your Major Cut?
How did you know you were ready?
See the deets about my Major Cut here!