Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oven Roasted Broccoli.

Tired of steamed broccoli, I found a recipe for roasting it. Not bad!





Here is the Recipe: (adapted from foodnetwork.com)
1 broccoli head (enough for 1 person)
1 small garlic clove (minced)
extra virgin olive oil
kosher salt 

freshly ground black pepper
grated lemon zest 
freshly squeezed lemon juice 
freshly grated Parmesan cheese


• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
• Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets, discarding the rest of the stalks. Cut the larger pieces through the base of the head with a small knife, pulling the florets apart. You should have about 1 cup of florets.
• In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, garlic, and a pinch of salt & pepper (or just enough to season)
• Add the broccoli in & toss to cover the florets with the olive oil mixture
• Put on a sheet pan large enough to hold them in a single layer. 
• Roast for 15-20 minutes, until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned
• Remove the broccoli from the oven and immediately toss with a little olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and Parmesan 
Devour!

The added dressings after it comes out of the oven, made the broccoli taste wonderful but, there was also a slight "burnt" taste present as well. This I didn't really care for. I roasted my broccoli for 18 minutes...maybe this was too long...maybe the oven was too high, too?. I may give this one another try though. Have you ever roasted broccoli? Time/temp suggestions?

Labels:

4 Comments:

At March 13, 2011 at 10:15 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

I love roasted broccoli but I do mine different and I never use fresh broccoli because of the burnt taste. I use frozen broccoli and I roast it for 30 minutes and it's perfect. Maybe after playing with things for a bit you'll find a way that you really like it.

 
At March 14, 2011 at 10:50 AM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

Oooh, I have to try that, I also steam my broccoli.

 
At March 16, 2011 at 10:55 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Jt: Do you thaw it first? What temperature do you roast it at?

LaNeshe: Cool! Hope you like:)

 
At August 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM , Anonymous buy pgx said...

Broccoli tastes great when roasted along with spices.

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home