Monday, March 14, 2011

5 Days & No "Juice": A Mini "Off Me Meds" Update.

It's been 5 days since I've had a cup of coffee. I only miss it when I think about it...like Now. Initially I thought, maybe it's just a hot beverage that I truly want. So, I tried drinking some tea, with honey & lemon. Not bad, but doesn't compare to the "Juice"!

I stop using Half & Half and bought some 2% milk, but haven't been successful in cutting back on eating cheese. I'm so bad, sometimes I eat it straight out of the pre-shredded package!


I've been eating plenty green salads & most recently broccoli. An apple &/or banana virtually everyday. Water intake is up; before it was approx. 0-4 cups a day, now it's 4-6 glasses. One day, I will make it to 8...one day. LOL I also drink orange juice. Anyone drink vegetable juice???

Real deal exercise hasn't yet begun for me, but I do enjoy taking walks around the neighborhood. Last time, I walked with a bit more brisk. When I got back inside, I felt it in my legs. The burn was kinda niice, I must say!

Since stopping use of my acne meds about 2 weeks ago, my skin has gone haywire!
Acne flare up; to which I expected.
My scalp was all irritated.
I didn't anticipate my eczema to break out too. I usually get a small patch or two on my hands, and did last week. It wouldn't have bothered me, if it weren't so itchy. I tried to forgo it, but had to return to using my eczema meds for a few days. Aaah...Relief. So, Operation Zero Assistance from RX & supplements...Unsuccessful.
I tried & I'm quite happy about that.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At April 5, 2011 at 2:04 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too need help in the water department. I aim for 2 liters and get about half everyday. But one day I too shall reach my goal, 2 l. One day. But, yes, I drink vegetable juice &/or a veggie smoothie everyday. It's how I get my 2.5 cups of veggies a day. I tell everyone who aren't getting there veggies to do it this way (juicing, blending) because it's so easy & yummy. Mix the veggies with fruits and some lowfat yogurt, blend & devour. Delicious. Favorite veggie juice: Vampiro - a mix of tomatoes, celery, beets, carrots. Favorite smoothie: green - spinach banana orange juice cucumber and lowfat yogurt. My refrigerator is stuffed with vegetables. I'm sort of a health nut. :)

-gorgeousgab

 
At April 5, 2011 at 11:05 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Gorgeousgab: That Vampiro juice doesn't sound too bad. In fact...interesting name!!! I may look into it. I've never eaten beets before...I don't think. I'm usually nervous about trying new foods, because I sometimes have allergic reactions:(
Thank you so much for sharing your tips & your smoothie recipe. I'm inspired!

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home