Saturday, February 5, 2011

Greetings & Growth.


Well now! I both need & want to give:

A big HELLO to YOU, if you've recently joined the blog! Hello!!!!
I'm glad something here interested you enough to follow. I really hope you stay awhile.

An enormous HI, to YOU, if you've been here awhile, or since the very beginning. Hi!!!!

A wink at you, if you merely stop by & look. Wink, wink! Come on...you know you want to join. Click the button to follow already;) LOL

A major HEY to YOU, if you've clicked the "Like button" on the Facebook Page. Hey!!!!
Please Like & Share the MerelyMarie Facebook Page, if you haven't already.




And Finally, a huge THANK YOU to everyone!  
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!
Everyone who has come over from the old blog...New followers...Blogger friends (that's what I call you when talking to people about the blog & blogging. I say, "One of my "blogger friends" said or did/does this...") LOL

I've been meaning to start this blog some time ago, but let a silly thing like fear stop me.
Now that that's over, I'm very pleased with what we have here:) I say "we", because I don't just do this for me. While MerelyMarie is kinda like an open diary of sorts, it's much more than that; because you both read & interact with me. I really appreciate YOU for this:)



In addition to greetings, I also feel compelled to share my intentions for this blog with you. 
So, here it is:
I have very high hopes to grow this blog, and to also make it lucrative.
I want to make this blog my job! Yes, I do. Full-time! I'm so very serious.

Making money from blogs (especially personal blogs) is greatly frowned upon (& considered highly difficult, if not impossible) by some. This, I know.
Nevertheless, it's something I've been thinking about for awhile, and I have to give it a go!
While blogging is fun; it is also work. A lot of work, depending on how much one puts into it.
I'm prepared to put in much more (even "work Over-Time"), but no longer want to do it for free.

So, what does this mean???
It doesn't mean a plethora of ads popping up all over the page & once a month posting at the same time.
• It means developing a schedule to post updates on a more consistent basis (ideally, daily). See new post schedule here!
• It means I am currently looking into some affiliate programs.
• It means opening up posts to display more of what YOU want to see.
• It means eventually offering Blog & Non-Blog Graphic Design services, for a fee.
• It means giveaways & contests.
• It means incorporating real deal (honest) product reviews.
• It means adding some kind of supplementary video channel.
• It means a few ads on the page...maybe... (I'd thought to do this from the very beginning, so it'd be expected, but didn't like the idea of that "cluttered look" that ads can create. I still don't like the idea, but I'm keeping this option open at the moment.)

These are just a few ideas in my notebook right now...
I'm very excited about them, hope they go unchanged, & so ready to get started!!!

What do you think?
As always, your thoughts are welcomed. Send me an email or leave a message below.

7 Comments:

At February 5, 2011 at 9:47 PM , Blogger zealousy said...

Hi! I'm new! Thanks for the greeting. :-)

 
At February 6, 2011 at 11:36 AM , Blogger Retromus-ik said...

Good luck! This is also something I have been thinking about. All the best to you:) I love your blog!

 
At February 7, 2011 at 11:59 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Sure! Welcome Zealousy:)
Thank you Retromus-ik:)

 
At February 8, 2011 at 9:43 AM , Blogger la mì said...

Wonderful blog!^^
HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want... follow me! I wait you and your tips! kiss kiss :D

marti
Glamour Marmalade
http://www.glamourmarmalade.blogspot.com/

 
At February 8, 2011 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Marie said...

Thanks Martina:)

 
At February 11, 2011 at 9:46 AM , Blogger jtbrown said...

How did I miss this post! I'm willing to pay a fee for a great blog design...I'll inbox you about that one! Congratulations on the new venture! I wanna be like you when I grow up!

 
At February 11, 2011 at 10:33 AM , Blogger Marie said...

LOL..Thank you JT:)

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home