Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Braid Out: A Mini Photoshoot.


It's insane how short my hair looks after I wash it. Water seems to make it coil up...some conditioners seem to make it coil up even tighter, but...One braid out or twist out, and it looks like I grew a couple of inches overnight.
All of a sudden my hair hangs down just a little bit more than it stands up.



I recently gave myself a trim...my first trim since the "Major Cut" (cutting off my relaxed hair).
I trimmed off about an inch.

Since I'm growing my hair back to where it was before, I was kinda hesitant about trimming at all; but, I am so glad I let that measly inch go. After all, it had been over 7 months. It was time, and now the ends of my hair feel much smoother.

So, for this braid out, I washed & deep conditioned my hair; then made about 19 braids all over my head, just grabbing sections randomly.

Letting them air dry overnight, I unbraided them the next morning and left my hair uncovered in the shower. The steam seemed to moisturize & plump up my strands.


Using my hair pick, I combed through, just at the roots to disguise any visible parts.

Added a couple bobby pins in the front to create a little bang, because the front of my hair will not hang down on it's own, at this stage.
I'm so happy with my hair right now!!! Can't wait to see it grow bigger & bigger & bigger...

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At February 15, 2011 at 11:12 AM , Blogger LaNeshe said...

Looks great!

 
At February 15, 2011 at 1:24 PM , Blogger NaJaDee said...

Cute! I can't wait... I am getting antsy!

 
At February 21, 2011 at 11:56 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Thanks ladies:)

 
At February 25, 2011 at 11:15 AM , Blogger KinkyCurlyYoungLady said...

Very Nice!

 
At February 27, 2011 at 12:15 AM , Blogger Marie said...

Thank you KinkyCurlyYoungLady:)

 
At June 7, 2011 at 5:21 PM , Anonymous Jahmila said...

fly sista

 

Post a Comment

Your thoughts are appreciated:) Thanks for sharing!

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home